•11• WHERE ARE WE?

"Where am I?"

"Look around you, you'll know.

This is the land of the broken
hearted..

You're in the valley of tears.."

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Taimoor cut the engine to his SUV and craned his neck forward looking out the windscreen at the colossal boundary wall looming over them.

"Yeh kon si jagah hai batana pasand karo gi?" His irritation hadn't lessened one bit during the forty minute long car ride with Rania Raees beside him.

Though she did try her best to act as if she didn't exist, it was hard to pretend she didn't. Especially when she had a curse word for every time the car jerked, he took a harsh turn, or he honked the horn too loud.

Taimoor wouldn't say his driving was exactly decent or even something close to what you would expect from a responsible citizen— counting the multiple signals he broke, driving above the speed limit, twisting the steering so hard he almost yanked it out—after having a terrific (horrendous) morning.

In his defence; his car was hijacked by a diminutive of the devil family and he was being driven(read; he drove) to an unknown place, wasting expensive petrol, against his wishes while his phone was blowing up with alerts from his secretary and Nora for an update on his location. Taimoor, who was never late to a meeting, suddenly was not even in the office while his investors waited.

So yes, he was not feeling like the most responsible citizen today.

Infact he was actually understanding how a criminal became one.

Everyone was a good human before people like Rania Raees came to test their patience.

...

"Utreyn sirr, pata chal jana aap ko." She released the seatbelt grabbed her phone and pushed open the car door stepping out.

Taimoor sucked in a long, long, long, breath praying for patience. That was the only thing he found himself praying for when around Rania.

...

Grabbing his sunglasses he put them on shielding his eyes from the glaring sun, pocketed his cell phone and stepped out.

The day was blazing hot and he wondered how he survived in a three piece in this boiling weather.

'Gari main A.C, Office main A.C, phir meeting pe jaou toh restaurant main AC.. Garmi kahaan se lagni boss?'

Shaking his head at the thought, he cleared his throat and closed the car door locking it.

"Oh hello!"

Rania paused, the gravel crunching beneath her khussa's and gave Taimoor a questioning look.

"Yahan koi guard nhi hai.. main apni gari idher park kar ke nhi jaa skata."

"Kyun?" She asked doing that thing she does with her glasses, pushing them up her nose.

Taimoor gave her a flat look, "Kuch chori ho gaya toh? Kon bharey ga nuqsan?"