•34• SOME THINGS UNFIXABLE (2nd Last)

“Find me some things, broken and lost.
Find me things, washed ashore.

With grains of sand stuck in their cracks,
And scratches of time left on their backs.

Don't look for things that cost
Too much, or things with a shiny core.

For me Trouble,
When you look in your store

Find me some things un-fixable.”

⚜️⚜️⚜️

“Hey!” Sarah stood from her place smiling a relieved smile seeing Taimoor enter the hospital lobby, walking towards her. “Kahan they?" She said when he reached her, “Kab se wait kar rhi thi tumhara..”

He scratched his brow and grumbled, "Sorry.. had to run some errands." She looked concerned at his wrinkled clothes and his drooping eyes, but kept her smile on for his sake.

“Aa jaou tumheyn ghar drop kardun pehley.” Taimoor motioned with his hand about to turn.

Her smile faltered and she rubbed her palms together as she pondered something.

“Ruko Taimoor... Mujhe tumheyn kuch batana tha... ”

“Hmm?” he craned his neck, giving her his attention.

“Maine...” Sarah swallowed eyes searching their surroundings, Taimoor turned around to face her fully and she continued in a murmur, “I think, maine Arsam ko dekha yahan... hospital main.”

When he remained silent she peaked up at his face. Her eyes darted back and forth taking in his unsurprised expression with a deep frown on her face.

“You don't find that surprising?” she asked, frown growing.

Taimoor lowered his head biting on the inside of his cheek before releasing a breath, “His dad's admitted here.”

Her eyes widened.

“Heart surgery honi thi unki.. balke ho chuki hogi— subha 9:00 bajey. Kal raat mila tha mujhe.”

“Kal raat?”

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Taimoor inquired at Sarah's look.

“I don't know.. ” she turned her head away, shook it and then looked at him again, “I mean— why didn't you tell me?” her eyes searched his once more, “With everything that happened.. I thought—”

“Sorry yar...” he raked his fingers through the ruffled mess that was his hair, “I guess with everything else. It just slipped my mind.”

"It just slipped?" Sarah sounded hurt.

Taimoor didn't reply to her question knowing it was more of a rhetoric, and she sighed, “I think woh Tehreem se mila hai.. jab main aunty ko cafeteria leke gayi thi. I saw him leave.”

That forced his indifference away and he tilted his head, brows furrowing, “Tehreem ne kuch kaha?”

Sarah shook her head, “Kaha toh nhi... She just seems different, I mean.. behaviour wise. I don't know how to explain...”