•20• WHAT'S THIS FEELING

“An emptiness I feel inside
Filled up with glee
when I see your eyes
There's a flutter in belly
And a ball of fire
where
My heart resides
Can you tell me what's this feeling

I feel inside?”

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Arsuuu!" Rania called, dragging his nickname in the way he hated and finally got his attention when he twisted his neck to give her an annoyed look.

"Bataou toh yaarr! Hua kyaaaa??"

"Kis khushi main? Kyun?? Aap ne toh new friends bana liye, ab, aap ko kya hai? Ab ameer ameer logon ki behno se dostiyan karo.. Mujhe rehne do."

"Seriouslyy? Ughh!!" Rania, unable to focus on her riding, pulled the brakes and her bi-cycle came to an abrupt halt. Her foot slammed on to the tarmac balancing her weight.

Arsam continued forward, his foot moved to push his skateboard and then placed it back on, sailing to the end of the road.

Rania stood silently by her cycle near the footpath, watching as he increased the speed riding aggressively, his wheels screaming loud as they rolled. Folding her arms on her chest she waited.

He turned from the end of the street, coming back her way, the yellow black check shirt flapped around him with the force of the wind, his hair swept away from his forehead.

And then his foot slipped, the board jerked tilting to the side and losing balance Arsam was thrown off of it harshly.

Rania cringed seeing his bad fall. Not unusual, but surely painful.

He sat up on his knees with a low groan, inspecting the scratches on his palm and elbows then dusted his jeans and raked a hand through his hair.

She waited for him to stand but he remained there in the middle of the road, on his knees, head ducked, to complete the broken hearted friend image, he stared blankly.

"Uff!!" She had had enough.

Muttering profanities under her breath Rania stomped over to Arsam.

"I'm fine.." he waved a hand but she grabbed his skateboard then fisted his shirt from the collar and pulled them both off the road towards the footpath.

"Bohat drama ho gaya tumhara ab chup kar ke mujhe apna masla batana shuru kardo nhi toh phir maine jo karna hai naa woh dekhnaa bete tum..."

Rania kept pulling and Arsam still angry with her replied with, "Haan toh kyun bataoun tumheyn? Do bajey ki farigh hui thi naa, maine poocha mere sath lunch karna hai-Seen Zoned! Maine kaha free kab ho gi? Seen Zoned! Sab messages seen pe chorey huye.. pura din woh Awaan ki behen ke sath thi.. or ek message ata hai sabrr kar jaou Arsamm?! Matlb aap secondary ho gaye or woh kal ki bachi best friend ho gayi??...."

"Kaam krr rhii thiii Arsamm! Or haan chaloo thori dair ruk gyi thi main unkey sathh, tumheyn pata hai mujhe rude lagta hai kisi ke sath beth ker phone pe text karna!"

"Hmmm! Toh rahoo udhr hi!! Naa karo text!"

"Arsaaaammm! Maine sir phaar denaa haiii tumhara abbb!"
...

Andd the argument continued back and forth till they were out of breath standing idly beside her bike.

"Park main chal ke beth saktey hain?" Rania asked tiredly, holding her hands up.

Arsam scoffed but hauled her cycle and began walking to the stand near the park's gate anyway.

While she with his skateboard dragging on the sidewalk, huffed along.