~Prologue and Chapter I~

welcome

the picture above is what the library/bookstore looks like :)

🦋

"Books are a uniquely portable magic

"Books are a uniquely portable magic."
-Stephen King

The clatter of my beige coloured heels echoed within the bakery alias bookstore alias library

The clatter of my beige coloured heels echoed within the bakery alias bookstore alias library. I turned my head towards Carina, the storeowner, apologising for the noise, receiving a gentle smile back and a quick wave. I instantly reciprocated the wave back.

Walking into the bookstore which was also a bakery as well as a library, named eudaimonia is one of the greatest pleasures I know about. The smell of books and buying new books is always another form of happiness. One that could not be compared with anything else.

The thrill and excitement that rushes down your blood, warming you up. An other-worldly feeling of euphoria.

There is one such author that definitely comes to mind as he always makes me feel such a way when reading his books. Unfortunately, his books all have sad endings.

I personally, am not a fan of sad endings.

I don't see the reason for a sad ending. If the love I read in books isn't real, why should the ending be realistic?

I looked up at the 17th century roman inspired ceiling. Designed with traces of black, brown white and gold all over. Real gold, it shone brighter as the sun rays hit upon it. Illuminating the entire library. There was also a bit of moonstone wherever the black was. A stark contrast to the dark shade.

The sections that held the books all made up off dark wood, carved to complete perfection. Books off all different genres lived here. On the other side of the library was the same except at the very end of it, a spiral staircase. The handrail completely black however carved to make an stem going all the way up, a stem with thorns and at the very top a beautiful rose bloomed.

Downstairs, was the library and upstairs was the bookstore. Though it was made identical, this place worked rather differently in different places. As at the very end of the place, the singular door opened up to a bakery. A massive bakery where you could sit and read as well if you so wished, vibrant and colourful yet simply elegant.