29.

"Eric, Max wants to -'' a young member of Max's security detail shouted, jogging after Eric to keep up with his long strides as the leader made his way though the dark, winding corridors in the direction of the intelligence center

"Not now," Eric cut him off, his face set in a hard line as he went, keeping his eyes fixed forward. The younger man slowed to a stop and stared after Eric, unsure of what to do, as he'd never had Max's orders ignored before. Eric continued his march forward, ignoring the faces of the people passing by him.

"Four," his deep voice thundered through the corridor and caused the man on the opposite side to stop walking and look over his broad shoulder, letting out an irritated sigh when he saw who was approaching him.

"I've got somewhere to be," Four said simply and crossed his arms over his chest, knowing that any conversation he had with Eric would eventually turn into a fight.

"Not anymore. I know about Olivia...and you," Eric began shortly, looking Four over as if he was disgusted at their relationship. "I need information."

"So ask Zeke, he's on the clock," Four replied quickly, pointing to the closed door to his office behind him. "I don't have time for this." He began to turn and walk in the other direction, but stopped when a hand landed roughly on his shoulder.

"I need information...about Olivia," Eric said through gritted teeth, as though asking for the man's help was painful. Four shoved Eric's hand off of him roughly and looked at him seriously in the eye. "I need to know about her mother."

"Anything you want to know needs to come from her. Look, I don't know what you think you're doing with my sister, but leave me the hell out of it," Four spat in a hushed tone so the others passing by wouldn't overhear. Eric let out a frustrated growl and pushed Four against the wall roughly.

"Who is this 'Spider', and what does he have to do with her mother?" Eric roared, earning stares from the people walking by. Four's eyes narrowed and he shoved Eric off of him, then sent a fist flying across his jaw, catching the leader off guard. With fire in his eyes, Eric lunged at Four, his shoulder jamming into Four's stomach, forcing him to the ground. He fell on top of the brunette and threw blow after blow at his face, until Four lifted his head and knocked it against Eric's, forcing him off. Four stumbled to his feet with blood flowing from his nose and watched as Eric slowly stood, a red mark visible on his jaw that would surely turn into a bruise within hours.

"You stay the hell away from her," Four bellowed, pointing accusingly at Eric, who glared back, his shoulders heaving with his heavy breaths.

"Not likely," Eric mumbled, knocking his shoulder roughly against the other man's as he shoved past him and stalked angrily in the opposite direction.

_

Rage was still flowing through Eric's veins as he approached his apartment, his pace quickening when he heard glass breaking on the other side of the door. He threw the metal door open, slammed it closed behind him and turned to find James grabbing roughly onto Olivia's arms in an attempt to remove something from her hands.