33.

Olivia's eyes fluttered open as a stream of sunlight hit her face from the floor to ceiling windows on the other side of the room

Olivia's eyes fluttered open as a stream of sunlight hit her face from the floor to ceiling windows on the other side of the room. She shifted slightly and felt an arm tighten around her waist, and a smile crept onto her lips.

"Morning," Eric's deep voice rasped from behind her as he placed soft kisses on her neck. A chill ran through her as she turned her head and pressed her lips against his.

"Hi," she replied in a whisper. "What time is it?"

"Almost six," Eric replied with a sigh as he looked at the clock on the table next to the bed.

"Can't we just stay here all day?" Olivia mumbled, rolling over and burying her face in his chest. Eric chuckled and left a light kiss on her forehead.

"I wish I could say yes, but I have a meeting, and you need to get that hot ass to training," he said with a smirk as he grabbed one of her butt cheeks roughly before rolling out of the bed. Olivia's eyes followed his naked body across the room and a smirk of her own appeared.

"I can feel you staring, you know," he said, looking at her over his shoulder as he made his way to the bathroom.

"Just enjoying the view," she shot back, batting her eyelashes. Eric grinned and nodded his head toward the bathroom door, wordlessly inviting her to join him. Olivia smiled seductively, rolled out of bed and followed him, shutting the door behind her.

_

"Nice of you to join us," Max said shortly as Eric strolled into his office, freshly showered and shaven.

"I was... delayed," Eric replied flatly, shoving down the sarcastic response he'd wanted to give as he sat in one of the chairs across from Max's desk, next to Jeanine. The woman's hands were folded nicely in her lap as she examined him through narrowed eyes.

"Well?" she asked sharply as Eric pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket, placed one between his lips and lit it, blowing the cloud of gray smoke in Max's direction.

"Things are progressing," he replied simply.

"And the girl?" Jeanine pushed, her eyes not leaving his face as she searched for any sign of deception in him.

"The plan's on track," Eric said vaguely as he turned his head to look at her, ignoring the pang of guilt that rose within him. He had to remain focused on the bigger picture. "I've got it under control." A sly smile appeared on Jeanine's face.

"Good. We are preparing to start loading in equipment and I need to know that the leverage is in place."

"You just take care of your part, Jeanine, and hold up your side of the deal. Without me, you don't get the girl, and your whole plan goes to shit. I want what I was promised," Eric said dangerously as his eyes shifted between Jeanine and Max. The blonde woman's eyes met Max's, and the leader nodded.