One Year Later

Probably not the update you were expecting.. I kind of left this story abandoned a long time ago. Felt like writing a little something. Enjoy

Emily's POV

A year had gone by since that night we ran into Mary at the bar, and we had run into her a couple of times since. Boston is a big city—but it's not that big, especially since we frequented a handful of bars and didn't really branch out much. I was still writing and editing for the newspaper, but Sue got a new job recently as a librarian at the Boston Library.

We've officially been together for over a year now and have been going strong. We were still in our same apartment in Cambridge and planned to stay for a while since we were settled and loved the location.

I sat on the couch and kicked my foot up to rest on my knee, outstretching my arm across the back of the couch as I clicked the TV on with the remote. Sue would be home any minute now and I couldn't wait to see her. For some reason—I missed her a little extra today. Now that she was a librarian her hours were different, and she wasn't home before like she had been before. She usually came home about a half hour to an hour after me now, so it was definitely something I had to adjust to.

After a few minutes of flipping through the channels, the door to the apartment squeaked open and Sue came through the door with her bag hanging on one arm and a small stack of books pressed against her chest. I watched as she kicked off her shoes and put her housekey on the hook next to the door.

"Hey, babe." I said, getting up from the couch. I walked over to her as she put the books and her bag down on the chair by the door and I grabbed her by the waist.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and sighed, "Hi."

I kissed her forehead, "How was work?" I asked, my lips still brushing her skin as I did so.

She sighed again and tensed up for a moment in my embrace, "Absolutely stressful." I caressed her waist before wrapping my arms around her back and she started to relax again.

"You want to talk about it?" I asked, my voice soft.

She shook her head and closed her eyes, a shaky breath escaping her lips, "Not right now—no."

I nodded and kissed her forehead again, "Well, if and when you do want to talk about it—you know I'm here to listen. And if there's anything I can do for you to get you to relax... you let me know."

Sue smiled and moved her head forward, pressing her lips against mine. The kiss was a soft peck at first—the both of us pulling away just barely before pressing our lips together again just a bit harder. We pulled away again, both of us exhaling sharply as we held onto each other tighter and went in for a deeper kiss. Things were suddenly starting to get heavy. I started sliding Sue's jacket off from her shoulders and she shimmied out of it, letting it fall to the floor at our feet. I tightened my embrace around her and pulled her body into mine, letting my hands roam up and down her body needily as she started moving her hands down to the hemline of my shirt.

She grabbed the bottom and tugged it up, causing us to both break away from the kiss. I lifted my arms up and let her take it off me, watching it go across the room as she tossed it. I did the same—I took her shirt off and discarded it with mine. She was suddenly getting needy. She took my hands and put them back onto her body and then brought my head down to her neck.

"Kiss my neck, please." She whispered, tilting her head back as she pressed on the back of my head.

I obeyed. I pressed my lips on her neck while my arms wrapped around her naked back—my hands running up and down her smooth skin as I completely devoured her. She moved her free hand down to my back and unclasped my bra in one quick motion. I took my hands off her to let it fall to the floor but quickly put them back where they had been. I moved my lips down her neck and to her collar bone—slowly scraping my teeth along the bone before soothing her as I peppered kisses all over her.