Chapter 29

I keep hearing the same sounds over and over.

The same repeated symphony that plays for me every second of my life.

The small droplets of sewage water dripping from the pipes above me, every drop louder then the next.

The small chatter of mice and strange critters echoing ever so softly in the distance.

The cold and moist feeling in the air that could make anyone's hair stand on the back of their necks.

To some, this sounds like a nightmare, an unfortunate place to end up. And you wouldn't be wrong.

But to me it's home.

For the past 800 years, this has been the place I have been stuck in is in fact home to me.

It's not like I had a choice in the matter.
Would have preferred a cave with a heater built in but I can't complain.

Trapped here by the Ninja, the Nomicon and the Messenger years ago.

The specific date not entirely clear but the feeling of being tossed like nothing down a cavern with no way in escaping is still very much alive in my mind.

At least I got to kill one of the three of those pesky bastards.

But even with all the negatives I had just listed, it's not all bad.

The mice make surprisingly good company and the vents are perfect to over hear any conversation in the school halls.

Laughter from children making mediocre jokes.

Gossip and secrets being shared with little care for any consequences.

The sound of lockers opening and slamming shut.

And the best part of it all is to hear the rage filled, tear inducing, pitiful sob stories many students find themselves in.

Every now and then I can hear the sniffling of a student crying in a bathroom stall.

The sound of a child slamming their fist in their locker in a fit of rage.

And the sounds of children tormenting one another with harsh words and violence, leaving staff members oblivious to what had accord behind closed doors.

Truly one of the many joys in my day to day life.

A very long life but I'll take what I can get.

But part of my objective is to give those that had been harmed to harm those that wronged them to begin with.

Give them a chance to regain that strength that they had once lost.

At a price of course.

An exchange if you will.

I do want to escape to experience my fair share of destruction and demise to those that had locked me away.

Most children would take my offer without a single thought, some are more hard headed then most but at the end they always say yes.

Especially when they are tortured souls that had never had a single taste of power.

So when I stumbled across a young boy that seemingly was the best target for me, it took me aback to hear him decline my offer without a second thought.

It was quite disappointing, especially when the Nomicon of all people came to prevent me from swaying him any further.

The pent up sadness was exponential in that one.

And just when I thought I lost a target for the very first time in centuries, I had realized I caught something far better then expected.

The Ninja.