chapter 8 | Leather

•••

9:50 pm.

"Babygirl," Cherry calls me by my nickname as he is doing my makeup for tonight, both sharing the changing room together with no one else to bother us. "Hm?" I gaze in his dark brown eyes, and he pulls away to stare. A smile forms on his face as if he was thinking about something particular. "Who took care of your feet?"

"Mister Jeon," I unconsciously curl my toes, wondering why he asked such a question. "I knew it," he glances down, expressing some odd amusement. "You got pretty close to him lately, haven't you?"

I nod, toying with my fingers. "Why? Is it so obvious?"

"Kinda," he chuckles, peeking down at his makeup brushes, but he remains quiet for a few seconds, then grabs one of them. "He's a sweet man, don't you think?"

"I do," I avert my eyes from him. "I love being with him a lot. He's so caring."

"Yes, and he apparently cares a lot about you," he gazes up at me, bringing up what I did not expect. "You think so?"

"I don't think, I heard it," he reveals, staring into my eyes and getting to a point that I am gradually eager to reach. "What does that mean?" I ask for more information, and he straightens his back but sits down on the chair on my right. "I talked with Mister Jeon last night before he left," he crosses his legs, his long wavy hair softly moving but resting on his chest. "And I mentioned you. I had to because I never saw a client being so close, gentle, and respectful towards a girl who works in a nightclub. We didn't talk that much about you, but it was enough for me to realize that you're special to him," he smiles, broadly. "What did he say to make you believe so?"

"Well," he intertwines his hands to hold his knee with them, and I cannot help but peek down at his pretty long acrylic nails. "He first smiled as soon as I said your name, so that was cute, and he told me that, for some reason, he feels the need to be there for you, to make sure you're okay, he wants to protect you and have you near," he says the words without holding back, making me happy but not even knowing about it. "It's funny to me because the way he speaks about you, the way his eyes sparkle, or his smile appears once this is about you is so different from what I see from Sookyung. This man is your boyfriend, yet he acts like you're nothing but a sex worker among the others."

I gulp down at the comparison he just made, knowing how right he is.

"But anyway, Jungkook seems very attached to you, and I've known him for a long time already, so I know that you can trust him," he leaves the chair to go back to what he was doing. "Don't be scared to ask for his help if you need it and that I'm not around. You're his little baby girl," he laughs in a discreet manner, but my heart flutters at the sound of this sentence.

I smile and cannot stop myself from imagining Mister Jeon call me that. My stomach would be full of butterflies.

"Let him treat you like a princess and don't refuse anything he wants to give you, this does not happen that much, and he genuinely wants to do it," he turns around with the eyelashes curler after letting it warm up. "Sookyung doesn't even want me to stay with him anymore..." I let him know about it but read some bother through his features. "No way. Why would he do that?"

"I don't know, he said he's acting weird lately, and apparently, he was complaining to Mister Jeon because he never asks for services from me," I explain everything to the only one I trust among my co-workers, knowing he will listen and try to help. "He said that?"

"Yes, and from what Mister Jeon said, he was complaining, but I don't know exactly," I do not say anything with certainty since I did not get more than that, and he sighs but comes closer to continue the makeup. "Don't give a damn about what this man says. Just spend time with Mister Jeon if he makes you feel good, I'll cover you," he shows me his precious and contagious smile, putting one on my face.