Chapter 18

Xkmotg smirked as she waited for Hruyyus. She was no idiot. She always knew there would be an issue with her 'daughter' if her biological parents were involved. But she had a full proof plan to figure out if she was still staying loyal.

        "You called, mother?" Hruyyus asked, poking her head through the doorway.

         She motioned her in before scowling. "Your robes are backwards again, sweetheart."

          "Oh shit." She muttered, fidgeting with her robe. "But what did you want to see me about?"

          "You know that earthen girl that Ngxurj and Punte have as a pet?"

          "The one that was at the execution?"

         "Yes, that one."

           "What about her?" 

        "She's scheduled for execution tomorrow."

        "What?! Um... why?"

         "Punte and Ngxurj are getting bored of her, for starters. But she's also becoming quite the nuisance. Their feet are getting sore from having to kick her so much."

        "Oh. But why are you telling me about this?"

         "Because you're going to play executioner."

        "Excuse me?"

         "You've earned it."

          "And if I don't want to?"

           Xkmotg chuckled, placing a hand under Hruyyus's chin. "That's adorable, you think you have a choice in this. Tomorrow at three, you will execute that girl. Am I clear?"

          "Yes mother."

          "Alright, that's all. You're dismissed."

          "Thank you, mother."

        Xkmotg nodded and Hruyyus quickly made her way out of the room.

         She smirked. She could already sense the cloud of panic building around the girl.

        It would be just a matter of time before she knew if her daughter had grown into a dirty traitor or not. And for her sake, she had best not confirm her suspicions.

        But now that that was taken care of, Xkmotg had to make arrangement to make the execution look as real as possible. Because even though she was in the mood for a good old-fashioned execution, it wasn't quite the time for that yet. First, she had to take care of the rats that sabotaged her last execution.

        Besides, Ngxurj and Punte were starting to get really attached to their pet for some stupid reason, even if they did have to hit her a lot.

          The sozzkty was so stupid sometimes, though. She didn't have the brains to just give up and stop fighting so things could be pleasant for her.

          Then again, what more could be expected from a stupid human?