Chapter 3

Sylvia's POV

I was lying down on my couch, watching my favorite movie Love Actually. A few minutes later my phone buzzed with a text from Luke. Smiling down at my phone I opened my messages. Hey gorgeous you busy? Smiling at the nickname, I responded, Hey handsome, I'm free right now if you want to talk? Sure. How's your day going beautiful? The smile on my face grew impossibly larger, knowing the effect this guy has on me, without even trying. It's going great so far, because I am talking to you. That's good beautiful. I'm excited for tonight handsome, what about you? Looking forward to it. So am I. I hate to cut our talk short gorgeous, but I'm gonna get ready for our date. Alright handsome, I can't wait.

Deciding that I needed to get ready, I shut off the movie and went up to my bathroom to take a shower. Finding the right outfit, I showered and curled my hair in perfect ringlets. I put my dress on and heels waiting for Luke to come pick me up. 15 minutes later I hear a knock on my door and find Luke on the other side smiling a wide smile.

"Looking gorgeous as always," Luke smirked at me, making me smile back, the butterflies in my stomach never stopping as we made eye contact

"Looking gorgeous as always," Luke smirked at me, making me smile back, the butterflies in my stomach never stopping as we made eye contact. Holding out his hand for me to take, I gladly accepted it as he led me to his car. Once we made it to his car he opened the door for me, "M'lady," he said with yet another smirk on his face before saying, "Why thank you kind sir." After I was settled in the front I saw him run around the front to the drivers side of the car. Not holding back my giggles, he got in his seat looking at me questionably he asked me, "What are you laughing at gorgeous?" "Oh just laughing at how cute you are." "There's plenty more where that came from m'lady." "We need to get going, our reservation's is for 7:30." "Well what are we waiting for Hemmings?" "Let's go." Leaving my hands on my lap, Luke reached over to center console taking my hand in his, the butterflies coming back again. Smiling internally at how sweet he is, I just took in the scenery of NY as he hummed to the radio quietly while he drove down the streets.

Not even 5 minutes later we arrived at the restaurant, where again Luke helped me out of the car and escorted me into the restaurant. We walked up to the front desk where Luke stated, "Hi, reservation for Hemmings party of 2," smiling as he said that to the hostess. "Right this way sir," the hostess batted her eyelashes flirtatiously. "Here we are, have a wonderful evening cutie," the hostess yet again tried gaining Luke's attention. "Excuse me, Amanda, I don't know if you notice but I am on a date with my girl tonight, so back off, you don't stand a chance with me anyway." "She didn't stand a chance because those were fake lashes and she looked like a slut." "Let's not think about her." "Tonight is all about us, not that slut of a hostess." "Good evening folks, I am your server for the evening, Austin. Can I start you off with a drink?" "I'll have a glass of Bordeaux, and so will my girl." "I'll be right back with those." "I'm glad Austin didn't try and hit on you." "Me too." "Here are those drinks." "Do we know what we want to eat?" "I'll have the Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad please," I asked with a smile. "And I will have the Parmesan Crusted Chicken please," Luke stated politely back to Austin. "I'll get those put in for you." "Thank you." "My pleasure."

Luke's POV

After Austin left to give us some time alone, I looked at Sylvia with a wide smile. "You look beautiful," I said with a smirk. "Well can I be the first to say that you very dashing tonight Mr. Hemmings." "Why thank you Ms.Thompson." "So how is the album coming along?" "We have finished about half of the album so far and still trying to write out the other half." "That's good. I'm excited to hear it." "This album is going to be much different than the others." "Well I'm sure I'm going to like it." "I hope so." "I know so Hemmings." "SYLVIA?!" "Hello Jacob." "WHY ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?!" "Last time I checked I dumped your sorry ass." "HEY YOU, BACK OFF MY GIRL!" "WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!" "LISTEN TO ME YOU BASTARD, YOU DON'T GO NEAR HER OR YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU WERE EVER BORN!" "Get out of my face asshole," I said through gritted teeth fisting his shirt in one hand. "Why was he saying you cheated on him?" "I broke up with him the day we met because he stood me up and also was fucking my best friend on the couch." "I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch."

"Luke what are you doing?" "Sylvia Grace Thompson I have known you for 2 weeks and it's been incredible to get to know you. Will you be my girlfriend," I asked opening up the box that held the ring in it. "Of course Luke," she grinned happily. I put the ring on her finger and saw the sparkle in her eye that made me fall in love with her. Sitting back down at my seat we resumed eating our meals and talking the night away.