[8.9.22] School....... is Cool!

[A/N: Schools starting up soon. DM 11 is coming out soon. I'm coping]

"Hey kid!" Petey said, picking up LP. "Your first day of first grade is August 28th, and the open house is next week, on the 17th."

"School?" LP said, looking at Petey with wide eyes. "But I don't wanna go to school! I wanna stay at home or play with Molly all day!"

Petey sighed. "Sorry kid," he said, sitting down on the couch and turning the TV on. "Whether you like it or not, you're gonna have to go to school. And besides, school is fun! You get to make friends and learn stuff!"

LP pouted and looked at the TV, arms crossed.

Petey looked away from LP without turning his head. "And you get to skip a grade!" He said, trying to hype school up. "You don't have to go through kindergarten and learn things you already know! Isn't that cool?"

"I guess..." LP moped.

Petey sighed deflatedly.

"Trust me kid. It's gonna be fun!"

===

[August 17th]

Petey and LP entered the busy elementary school. "Collardale Elementary School," Petey announced, looking at LP. LP squeezed his dad's hand as he looked around.

"I went to school here," Petey said, trying to break the silence as he looked at the half-sheet the secretary gave him. "Looks like your teacher is gonna be Mr. Duckett!"

"Mr. Duckett? That kinda sounds like– our last name," LP said, looking up at Petey as his ears perked up a bit.

"Yup!"

As they walked over to room 202, LP let go of his dad's hand and ran over to the door, where Mr. Duckett, a cat with dark grey fur and a large white patch over one eye stood by the door.

"Hello! Are you Lil Petey?"

"Yup!"

"And I assume you are his father?" Mr. Duckett put out his paw.

Petey shook it. "Yes."

"Pleased to meet you both! Now, just follow me inside the classroom, find the desk with your name, and then we can get ready to..............................

............................Kid."

LP woke up to his dad shaking his left shoulder.

"Wake up, the open house is over."

"It is?"

"Yeah. You slept all through it, goose."

"O- oh." LP sat up and wiped his face off quickly with his arm, before getting up from his chair and holding his Papa's hand. "Let's head home now..." He said, still very, very, very tired.

"Ok, kid."

===

[A/N: uhhhhhhhhhhh the last part is rushed 😁😁 so sorry about that]