Chapter 3|Part I|

As I am looking through the microscope, while waiting for Elise, I hear a knock on the door. It is her. I let her come in. She is out of breath. Anyone can tell that she was training.

"I got something for you El" I say as I am trying to reach a small smoke bomb from my desk.

"Is that a snake?" Her voice is coming from my right. I turn towards her, and I see her ready to pet my snake.

"Dont touch-" I am trying to warn her but she is already petting its head.

"Is it a male or-"

"Lana. Her name is Lana" I place the bomb to my desk again. She is the first one not getting bitten by my snake. On the other hand she seems that she likes her company.

"She is cute"

"She is giving me her toxins" I add

She Pat's her head one more time and the steps away from her. "So what did you want?"

"I- That's for you" I say and I hand her the small bomb. She looks at it trying to figure out what it is. "Its a smoke. Since you are working stealthy you can get them inside the smoke. They will no be able to see you"

"So basically I am going to be a rat"

"Oh come on, you are already one El" I say and she laughs

To be honest, I like her company as well.

We spent enough time together to get to know each other. A little of each other. But at least now I have an opinion for her.

I was reading my book peacefully when I heard a knock on the door. It was a gentle one. "I will never finish you" I murmured looking at my book as I was closing it.

"You must be Elise" his accent is strict but his voice sweet.

"You can call me El" and theres a awkward silence "Sasha right?"

He nods and he glances nervous around "Is Neon here?"

I shake my head "No" and I am cheking around even though I know she is not here.

He tilts his head "Oh"

"But she said whe wont be late, so you can wait for her inside"

I open my arm showing him the way in and pointing a desk chair. He nods and sits. I find myself rolling my hands around my legs. My cheeks are pressed to my laps. We dont talk for a minute.

"So.." he is trying to break the silence but he really got nothing to say. "Aha" I say with a laugh. "Interesting" I add and he giggles.

"Are you coming to the party?"

I tilt my head, "What party?"

"Oh we have a surprise party for Brim" he fixes his hair.

We kept talking for like half an hour, until Neon finally came. She saw us talking and her face lightened up. She greeted us with a smile and told us about the birthday plan.