Chapter 7 - Wisp's First Temptation

Wynter's POV:

I still can't believe that I have a genie as a friend now. Gigi is so nice and smart, and it seems like she and A-Lan really like each other. I already ship them together. But I wonder what would happen after my last wish. Would she go back to the lantern or could it be possible for her to stay by her own free will? I was so lost in thought, I didn't notice that I ran into someone. I looked up and saw that it was Lacey. "Sorry about that.", I said. "It's good. Everything ok?", she asked me. Huh, this is the first time she tried having a conversation with me. First time for everything I guess. "Yeah. Just lost in thought.", I said. "Ok, well, just be careful. After all, no one could look this fabulous overnight.", she said, flipping her hair to the side as people waved at her. You know, sometimes, I wish I were as popular as her. "How did you do it?" "Do what?", she asked, confused. "How did you become popular? I mean, I know I don't stress out about it alot of the time, but it just makes me wonder how a person could be so popular that almost everyone knows them. So how did you do it?" "Well, let me just say this, being popular is not easy. Sometimes you have to keep up the looks and trends, other times you have to make a schedule. I know I make it look easy, but that's only because I try to not be like the crowd. I try to stand out. After all, the more popular you are, the less lonely you feel. And the less you feel like your, I don't know, boring? But again, it's just from my pov. Well, talk to you later, Wynter. Bye.", she said before leaving as I took in everything she just said. Was she right? Does being popular mean your not like everyone else? That you feel like your not boring? Was I boring? These thoughts continued to stir in my head as I started to head back to the den. At first, I thought being popular wasn't that important. But after listening to what Lacey said, maybe it is a little bit important. I went to the bathroom to clean up a bit. But as I looked in the mirror, I began to think that maybe I should change a bit. To me, I just seemed so boring. So average. Like I didn't mean anything. Soon, I began to hear a voice whispering in my ear. "You are right, you know. You are just an average wolf.", it said to me. "I am just an average wolf.", I said to myself and the voice, whoever that might be. "You know, Gigi could make you popular.", the voice suggested. That's when it hit me. "Duh! I have a genie. She could make me the most popular wolf in Seabrooke!", I said, reminding myself. "Summon her.", the voice said. And I did. "Gigi, I need you!"

Gigi's POV:

As I was summoned myself in front of Wynter, I looked over her shoulder and saw her. Oh no. Not now. "Wisp! Please, leave her alone.", I said to my shadow sister. "Who are you talking to?", Wynter asked me. "Why? So you could let her waste all her wishes?", Wisp retorted. I then turned back to Wynter. "Finder, I warn you. Don't be tempted to use the wishes for selfish..." "You know the rules. The finder chooses the wish. Wynter, it's your wish.", Wisp said to her. "It's my wish.", Wynter said to me. "Don't you wanna be popular?", Wisp kept whispering to her. "My wish...is to be popular.", Wynter said to me. "But-" "Just do it.", she demanded. I knew I couldn't influence her, so I had to give in. "As you wish.", I said the magic words before clapping my hands together, making the wish happen. After the light died down, Wynter looked at me. "Did it work?" "Go on. Find out.", I said as she went outside the bathroom. I then heard Wisp laugh a bit as I turned around and gave her a small glare. "This one is weak and easy to prompt.", she snickered. "No. Wynter has a good heart. You won't corrupt her like the others because she has friends.", I said confidently. "Her friends can't help her if her friends aren't around.", Wisp said before disappearing. I looked away from the mirror in worry, fearing for what Wisp had in store. I just hope Wynter doesn't start to give in to her and that the others will be ok.

Wynter's POV:

As I walk out of the den and towards the beach, I kept getting compliments from everyone. "Hey, Wyner!" "Nice outfit, Wynter!" "You look so cool." I can't believe it. The wish worked! It actually worked!