Chapter 9 - First Dark Wish

Willa's POV:

"Guys!", we heard a voice say from behind us. We turn around and see that it was Eliza. She stopped to catch her breath. "Eliza? What's going on?", Wyatt asked his girlfriend. "You guys are not going to believe what I have discovered. And it has to do with Wynter." "What's going on?", I asked. "Well, you know how Wynter has been changing. Well, it's almost like she's just completely different now.", Eliza started. "Popular.", Zed figured out. "This happens with most finders. They get what they thought they wanted and it...changes them.", Gigi explained before looking down sadly. I'm now starting to get the feeling like she's not telling us something. "But that's not all. It's hard to explain, but it looked like something had been different in the shadows. I used the signals from my computer to see if it could scan anything and it did. If you look at this, it's almost like someone or something is living there.", Eliza finished, showing us her laptop. It seemed like she was able to detect some sort of heat energy in the shadows. "Gigi, do you know anything about this?", Wyatt asked. "I cannot say.", Gigi declined. "Gigi...", I pressed on, almost a little bit annoyed. "I really cannot. The magic of the lantern stops me from telling the finder all that I know.", she defends. Well, at least that gives her a reason to not tell us. "Please Gigi. You've gotta help Wynter out. You need to guide her.", Eliza pleaded. "Wynter must choose her own path. I am not allowed to influence her. But, others can.", Gigi said. "Leave that part to me.", I said as I went to find Wynter.

Wynter's POV:

I was busy in the library moving things in my schedule. Ever since my popularity spiked up because of the wish, I have been a lot more busy than normal. Now, everyone wants to hang out with me and it's awesome. But it's also becoming a little exhausting. At least I have that voice following me around. It seems to want to help me. Soon, Willa walks in, a little annoyed. Oh boy, here we go. "Wynter, we need to talk.", she said sternly. "Sorry, Willa. I can't right now.", I said before she grabbed me by the wrist, taking me outside the library. "Hey! What's your damage?!", I asked, annoyed. What is her problem? "What's my damage? You're the one shutting out everybody who cares about you!", Willa retorted. "She just can't stand it. Big, bad Willa Lykenson. Jealous of her best friend.", the voice says to me. "You're just jealous of me.", I pointed my finger at her. "Jealous?! Everybody's right about these wishes. They've changed you!", Willa said, angrily. "A real best friend would be happy for you.", the voice said. "Why can't you just be happy for me?", I asked Willa. "Because that's what best friends do. And it's what sisters do. They call you out when you mess up. And Wynter, I love you like a little sister, but you are messing up major! C'mon, we need to undo these wishes.", Willa says to me. Is Willa right? Have I been messing up that badly with my wishes? Maybe I do need a restart. "I got this. Gigi, I need you.", I summoned her. As Gigi appeared, Willa started to talk to her about undoing the wishes. "She's standing in my- in your way. Maybe it's time you made her...disappear.", the voice said to me. "Maybe...", I started to say, almost trance-like. What was happening to me? But maybe the voice is right. If Willa can't be reasoned with, maybe it is time for her to go. After all, an alpha must listen to others to understand. Maybe I should be alpha. "I wish...I wish that my best friend would just...disappear!", I said, making my wish. "What?!", Willa said with a bit of fear. "Do it.", the voice said to me. I need to do this. I'm sorry Willa. "Do it.", I confirmed. "As you wish.", Gigi said hesitantly before clapping her hands together, making the wish come true.

Willa's POV:

After the bright light faded, I saw that I was in a whole new place. The sky was a purplish-pink with dozens of constellations and the land looked to be almost like a desert. I then looked down at myself and noticed that i was wearing a new outfit.

I then looked around where I was and saw a castle in a far off distance

I then looked around where I was and saw a castle in a far off distance. That's when I realized I knew where I was. This is bad. "Wynter!"

Gigi's POV:

After the wish was granted, I looked over at Wynter and saw the thing I didn't want to see. Her appearance had gone darker. Her skin was paler, her hair darker and her outfit turned into a darker and more evil version of how it was. She's been corrupted. As she walked away, I saw Wisp become more solid. This is not good. She's getting stronger. I then looked over where Willa was as I saw her shadow, which remained after she disappeared come to life out of the shadows and laugh. It was her shadow version. I gasped in fear. What have I done?