𝗧𝗘𝗡 ─ 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨

Somi wasn't sure she wanted to listen to what Mingi had to say about Ateez's current situation. Deep down in her heart, she feared that, after hearing what he needed to say, she would've changed her mind and decided to be involved in something dangerous and unknown to her. However, she had to admit to herself that they didn't behave like the stereotypical gangsters who considered life as a mere act, on the contrary, they treated her as if she was a normal person and not like a hostage and valued her life.

"I don't think it's wise to share confidential information with a stranger." She stated, hoping to somehow dissuade him.

"You're not a stranger, not anymore. Moreover, every tiny detail or clue is useful to us to find a possible track that could lead to where Jongho may be and who's behind this affair. So, if you don't want to do this for Ateez, do it for Jongho and his family."

Somi's stubbornness started swaying when he pronounced the last words. "I believe I've already told you I don't want to be implicated."

Mingi pressed his lips together into a thin line, a sign that indicated he was losing his patience. "Would you please listen to the story? If I can't manage to change your mind, this will be the last time we'll meet." He spurred her, bothered by her irritating demeanour.

"You're wasting your time." She murmured while folding her arms on her chest and looking outside the window on her left, the pride of having the last word was whipping inside her.

The male chose to completely ignore her affirmation as it sounded pretty inappropriate and meaningless and proceeded with the explanation. "Jongho had discovered a chemical bond that if combined with specific... things, can help a person to amplify your vision. That's all we know, but if I was you, this would've been enough to take a stand."

Somi blinked speechlessly, "That's..." She attempted to muffle a chuckle, "The worst explanation I've ever heard." She claimed nonchalantly while staring at Mingi and wondering if he was making fun of her or not.

He rolled his eyes, "Jongho never shared anything about the project with us. We know little to nothing about it, our role was to look for someone or a hospital willing to test it and pay him."

"But, now, he's gone." Added Somi finally, rubbing it in. Mingi nodded and on his face, the girl spotted a trace of hope that, again, made her determination wiggle. Her stomach clenched at the thought of them not being able to find him, still, it wasn't enough for her to give him a proper reply, especially when her brain was restricting her heart that was suggesting it was a bad, terrible idea. She could've come in handy with her special talent, she was aware of that, but what if it would've ended up retorting on her? What if she would've fallen into the wrong hands?

Unfortunately, she already had a hint.

"We're begging you, Somi." Uttered lastly the male. The wall Somi had built around herself appeared to be crumbling down to the ground like sand. She tightened her hands into fists on her thighs and bit her lower lip, desiring to shoo away Mingi's desperate expression and the ache stabbing her chest. Her strong facade was falling apart in front of him, but she didn't want him to see her dithering, so she used her blonde hair as a curtain and hid her face behind it. Mingi sighed beaten and let his head hang, "Alright, I'll pay for the lunch." He claimed ultimately, already picturing the disappointment on his comrades' faces.

The man stood up and walked toward the cash while pulling out of his pocket his wallet to look for the credit card. In the meantime, his brain started playing possible reactions of the members after hearing the news: Hongjoong would've started punching the first thing he found in hand, for example, his desk or the wall beside it; Seonghwa would've looked for Somi to scare her more and more to the point where she would've searched for Ateez on her own while desperately crawling; Yunho would've joined Seonghwa in his duty, but would've also directed the interrogation to bring her to spill even her darkest secrets; San would've acted like the baby he is and would've walked for the house with a pout on his face while grumbling; Yeosang would've entered his panic mode and would've started suggesting to move to another country, scared that Somi since she knew their real names, would've reported them; last but not least, Wooyoung would've simply insulted her and her line and, probably, would've enjoyed Yunho in the questioning.