Ch4- Rock vs fire who wins? P1

A while after we escaped the desert, we were just trying to get into Ba Sing Se, the earth city.

We were having fun by a waterfall, me and Aang are splashing each other, Toph is dipping her toes and Sokka is reading. Katara is...

"WATERBENDING BOMB! Yeahaha!" You turn to see her falling from a cliff. Waterbending bomb? Uh oh. She collides with the water and it makes a huge splash, not because she was fat (maybe) but because she was a waterbender.

You and Aang are launched out of the water. "Woo haha!" You and Aang cheer. "Sure, 5000 year old map, splash some water on it." Sokka complains.

"Sorry." Katara apologizes and moves her hands and all the water comes out of the map. "Lighten up Soks, right Aang?" You ask. He laughs and says "Yeah, 'Soks'. Did you figure which route we're gonna take?" Aang asks 'Soks'.

"Yeah, we just got out of the desert so we must be around here, and we need to get to Ba Sing Se, which is here..."

"So we swim across that lake! Genius! Katara could waterbend Toph and Aang could waterbend Sokka, and I'll swim across! Genius!" You say interrupting.

"Uh no, we go across that sliver of land called the serpents pass." He says. "Oh." You say disappointedly.

"Are you sure thats the best way to go?" Toph asks. "Yeah I agree with Toph, we should swim across." You interject.

"Its the only way," Sokka said, completely ignoring you. "Its not like we have Appa to fly us across." Katara gives him a look.

"Shush up about Appa. Cant you try to be sensitive?" She scolds. "Katara its ok, I know I was upset about Appa before but I just want to focus on getting to Ba Sing Se and telling the earth king about the solar eclipse. "Oh well, ok." Katara says.

"Well then, no more distractions." Sokka says, and instantly you hear "Well hello there fellow refugees!" You laugh.

A man, a girl, and a fat woman wave. "Why is her stomach so big?" You ask Katara, who had become sort of a motherly figure. "Shes pregnant." She answers. You are confused.

"Pregnant? Whats that?" You ask. She sighs. "I'm not explaining the birds and the bees right now but when a girl is pregnant, their stomach becomes big and after 9 months a baby comes out."

"WHAAAT?!" You are completely shocked by this. "The orphanage told us that when a mommy and daddy kiss, a stork gives them a baby a few days later! You mean you're telling me that the orphanage LIED TO US?!" She nods. "My whole life is a lie." You say quietly.

"Riiiiight." The man says. "We are trying to get to Ba Sing Se before my wife Ying has her baby."

"Great! You can travel the serpents pass with us!" Katara says cheerfully. The peoples demeanor changes. "Th-the Serpents pass?!" Ying says shocked. "Only the truly desperate take that deadly route."

"Deadly route, great pick Sokka." Toph punches him to the ground. "Yeah Sokka." You say, not really adding anything to the conversation.

"Well we are desperate." He explains. "You should come with us to full moon bay. Ferries take refugees across the lake. Its the fastest way to Ba Sing Se." You laugh. "Hah that rhymes." At this point people completely cut you out of the convo. "And its hidden, so the fire nation wont find it."

"Hmm peaceful ferry ride, or deadly pass?" Katara says. "Woah we're gonna ride on FAIRIES?!" You say excitedly, the orphanage didnt really teach you much.

You walk to the place and see a depressingly large amount of people. "Wow. So many refugees." You say sadly.

You see the mean lady in front of you destroy a mans livelihood. "My CABBAGES!" He cries. You cant help but feel bad.