2nd (&last) preseason1 flshbck

It was only her freshman year of high school when Audrey earned her reputation for being "Just as batshit as her uncle" and a "crazy bitch" and it all began with the Beacon Hills High School Cyclones Boys Basketball Team. It was the end of the week before winter break and Audrey was just trying to make sure all her affairs were in order before the break happened, taking and trying to ace all her finals and such. Her freshman year wasn't going terribly, per say, but this one fuck ass annoying senior on the basketball team would not leave her alone! It had started a few weeks prior, this senior boy's apparent interest in Audrey. Why that was, no one would know. Why he thought it was okay to harass a 14 year old when he himself was 18, no one would know. Regardless of if it was right or not he did it, regardless of if it was okay or not.

The senior, his name was James Airington and he was pretentious as his last name suggested. The basketball team wasn't even good! And hadn't been for 6 years since before the Hale fire! But nooo, this entitled asswipe thought he was a gift to the Earth herself and thought he was invincible. So, right at the end of the week before winter break he grabbed Audrey right in the middle of the hallway. He grabbed her by the wrists and told her to "quit being so difficult already!"

"Fuck Off!" Audrey wrenched her arms free and gathered the attention of some passing students. A few heads turned and

WHAP

More than a few heads had turned now to see the small, brown haired freshman's head turned dangerously to the side, eyes blown wide open, exposed cheek a bright red in the partial shape of a handprint.

It was like the breath of the entire hallway had been taken. It was like time was moving in slow motion. A few students were moving towards the duo, but none would make it in time. Before anyone could intervene, Audrey was turning back towards James, arm already in motion.

No one heard the impact, not like they'd heard when James hit Audrey. Everyone heard the scream that followed though. Everyone saw the spatter of blood splash onto the lockers to the left of James. If there'd been a werewolf in the audience, they would've been able to hear the ripping of flesh. There weren't any werewolves in the audience though.

James was screaming, clutching his cheek as it freely bled, "YOU CRAZY BITCH!"

Audrey was screaming too, hers wasn't words like his was though. Her whole body was tense and both of her arms were held as if she was going to swing again. If you looked at her right hand, the one that swung, you'd see stiletto nails, lilac with polka dots and an unexpected splash of red.

Her screaming turned into yelling as those who'd moved to interfere made it in between her and the doubled over 18 year old. Yelling about how if he "ever touched her again, [she'd] stick a lacrosse stick so far up his ass that it'd come out his mouth," She was yelling until a certain Stiles Stilinski, one of the people who'd stepped in to separate the two had 'gently' pushed her into her uncle, who'd finally shown up from his classroom and was demanding to know what was going on. And then the poor girl was crying, crying in her uncle's arms because an adult had just assaulted her in the middle of the hallway and no one had stopped it. Crying because her cheek stung and she was "gonna miss her last final". Crying because there was blood on her nails.

James Airington ended up having to go to the hospital and get stitches in his cheek. He was suspended and kicked off of the basketball team for his actions. Audrey was suspended too, but she was allowed to take her last final at a later date, (see. During the first week of winter break). Hardly anyone would talk to her all of winterbreak. The basketball team wasted no time in trying to spin the story that Audrey was the problem and James was the victim. Even if people didn't believe that tall of a tale, she was still avoided. Even her friends avoided her. James might not have been innocent, but the stitching was still going to leave four very distinct scars on his cheek and that unnerved people. For some reason, it was the fact that she'd defaced him was what had alarmed most of the student body, not the fact that he'd hit her first. She was regarded as a social pariah 'in a sense', and even if everyone claimed they "had nothing against her", she was still avoided. It was safe to say that she wasn't invited to any holiday parties over winter break.

She survived though. It sucked to have such a reputation at 14, but sometimes that's just how life is. Besides, most people at her school had forgotten about the "freak show" that was the economics teacher's niece by the time winter break was coming to an end. Of course, that was more because of the half of a body that was found in the woods a day before winter break ended. It was that night that Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski would go out into the woods to look for a dead body. It was that night that would change the fate of Beacon Hills forever.

Not that Audrey Finstock-Moffat would know that. She was more concerned with the pamphlets that had appeared in her locker about how to deal with assault and violence. She'd never actually find out who put them there though, especially because the person who put them there was still hiding who she actually was, and would continue to, until her own accident and a certain boy with buzzed hair called her out a few times.