Nothing is ever Simple part 2

Liam watched Coach Finstock send everyone out of the locker room that morning to the field for Zero Hour Lacrosse practice. Just as everyone was leaving, Coach pulled Nolan Holloway aside. He continued to usher everyone else out. Liam obliged, but sent the rest of the team out to start running warm-ups. It was really strange of Coach to pull just one of the Co-Captains aside. Not to mention he looked really unhinged today. Like more than usual for Coach.

Liam wasn't great at chemo-signals, but he got the sense that something was wrong. So, he stayed right outside the locker room door and listened in on their conversation. Something that didn't even require superhearing today.

Coach was practically shouting, "Where is my niece?! She was babysitting for your family and never came home last night!"

Nolan's response was much quieter, but filled with genuine shock, "Audrey didn't come home last night?!"

Liam felt a sinking feeling in his gut. Without a second of hesitation he ran out to the lacrosse field. He knew Corey was out there and that meant Mason was probably out there too.

Liam spotted Mason thankfully and bolted to him scrambling for his phone, "Someone went missing last night. Call Scott! Call Scott!"

He looked back over to where he had just ran from, and no other than Nolan Holloway was making a beeline for Mason and Liam. From across the Lacrosse field, Corey was coming over too.

Nolan made eye contact with Liam. Somehow he was certain that Nolan knew he was eavesdropping, "She's Coach's niece. She's a junior, she's kind of short. Tan skin. Uhh she left one of her jackets at my family's house, could you catch a scent? It's in my bag, I was going to return it today. Please, she's my baby sister's favorite person in the world." His eyes were pleading.

Coach came out. He was on the phone, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T FILE A MISSING PERSONS REPORT?!" He yelled into the phone before hanging up.

The whole team was now looking at him. Mason dialed Scott. It hadn't been twenty four hours yet. She wasn't officially missing yet.

Scott called Sheriff Stilinski. Scott and the Sheriff both showed up at the school. The Sheriff kept it on the down low, but talked to both Nolan Holloway and Coach Finstock. He was aware that there probably wasn't much time for the young lady.

    Nolan gave the jacket of Audrey's to Scott and Scott left, straight into the woods. Sheriff Stilinksi promised as soon as they legally could file a missing person's report, that he would organize search parties for her.

    Coach Finstock wasn't doing too hot. At first he was just hoping his niece was asked to stay longer by the Holloways. Maybe- Coach Finstock left work early that day. There was a sub for his class and lacrosse.

Twenty Four hours came and passed. Search parties were organized. Forty eight hours came and passed. Seventy two hours came and still no Audrey.

The moment she was registered as missing, the Sheriff's department scoured every way from the Holloway's to the Finstock's. What they found wasn't promising, and didn't add up.

There was blood on the sidewalk. Right off the sidewalk her phone was found with a cracked screen and a dead battery. Blood on a few leaves and a tree, and then nothing. All the signs of struggle just vanished. No trace.

Coach Finstock was spiraling worse than he ever had. He was so close to breaking his sixteen years sober streak. The last time he almost went off the deep end, Audrey was the thing that saved him. Finstock had just learned that his beloved sister and her whole family were dead. He was devastated, ready to forget the pain. Then he was informed that there was one survivor, his youngest niece Audrey.