Nothing is ever Simple

Nothing is ever simple

Audrey Finstock-Moffat. Just another citizen in Beacon Hills. Commonly seen at Lacrosse games, screaming when there was an unfair play and cheering on her favorite players. The last name Finstock might sound familiar to you. As it should, if you attend Beacon Hills High School.

The Economics teacher, Mr. Finstock.... He's more commonly known as Coach Finstock by Lacrosse players and students alike. Coach Finstock is Audrey's uncle. Sad, but not untypical for Beacon Hills, the rest of Audrey's family is dead, and her uncle is her only living relative.

Audrey attends Beacon Hills High School, along with some of the McCall pack, Mason Hewitt, Corey Bryant, and the infamous Beta himself, Liam Dunbar. Audrey knows the three boys well because of Lacrosse. Both Corey and Liam play it, and Audrey is a self-appointed assistant coach.

After Monroe's wave of terror, a lot of people in Beacon Hills know about the supernatural. It explains why a lot of people are more accepting of the boys now. Of course, things weren't perfect.

Things in Beacon Hills were fairly calm. Stiles Stilinski had returned to his FBI Academy. Lydia Martin was currently doing online classes for MIT, but would have to travel to the campus sooner or later. Malia Hale was currently working for Chris Argent, helping run gun shipments and providing some extra muscle. And Scott McCall? Scott McCall had worked out a deal with UC Davis. Whatever he could do from Beacon Hills, he would. Whatever practical application he couldn't do from Beacon Hills, he would travel to their campus in Davis, California and do there.

Of course, things weren't perfect. Senior year was difficult. It was hard to adjust back into normal life. Things had changed and would never be the same. Brett and Lori Talbot were still dead and people still believed it was an accident. All of Satomi's pack was gone. The Primals were gone. All creatures that had been in the Closed Unit of Eichen House were dead. Derek had left. Theo had left. Deucalion was dead. And Monroe was still free, and hunting supernatural creatures.

"Of course things aren't perfect." Liam Dunbar muttered to himself when one evening there was a stay at home order announced because apparently a mountain lion had mauled a hiker. Again. Scott had immediately called him and asked if he could come with him to investigate the scene, because in Beacon Hills, whenever they said "Mountain Lion Attack" That meant it wasn't a mountain lion.

That was two hours ago. Liam's parents hadn't let him go with Scott because of the stay at home order, even if the Sheriff himself had given the boys permission. Since it was the third time within a month, everything was on lock-down. He had just gotten some texts from Scott letting him know it was definitely not a mountain lion.

Scott had forwarded some pictures to his pack, Deaton, and Argent. They needed to figure out what this was, and if it would strike again. Scott was assuming supernatural. It wouldn't be surprising, but you know what they say, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

The pictures Scott had sent were awful to look at. That hiker really had been mauled... and then eaten. They were missing their whole chest cavity. Liam knew it was risky, but he forwarded the photos to Theo Raeken.

Theo had grown to be an ally of the McCall pack, and even though they were always fighting, Liam was probably his only real friend. Theo had a lot of knowledge about different things, courtesy of living with the Dread Doctors for actual years. Maybe he would have some insight about what had wandered into Beacon Hills.

To his surprise, Mason texted the Pack Group Chat and said he had some ideas of what was in Beacon Hills.

Mason: You know how Kate Argent is, or was, a Were-jaguar? Well, according to a couple internet searches, and every single book on the supernatural from the school library, courtesy of Lydia begging her mom, (thank you Lydia!) there's a lot of were-creatures. Lions, Leopards, Jackals, and even Stags.

Mason: Also with all the extra supernatural resources, i.e. the brains of Argent and Deaton. There used to be a fairly large Pride of Were-Lions in Central Africa just a couple years ago.

Mason: so maybe we're actually dealing with some kind of mountain lion this time. Just... maybe a were-one?

Liam just stared at the texts for a couple minutes and watched different members of their pack respond. One text from Stiles said "Let me ask Derek what he thinks."

Even though Scott could contact Derek when necessary, it seems like he mostly communicated through Stiles- but then again, Liam couldn't say much, because Theo solely communicated through him.

Liam's attention was captured by a text from another person. Theo had texted him back. To his surprise, Theo's response was similar to Mason's

Theo: Honestly, I bet it's some kind of Shape-shifter. And a powerful one at that. How many times has this thing killed exactly?

Liam: there's been three incidents in Beacon Hills, but there's been reports of deaths like this from four months ago in other states. Mason and Lydia compiled the reports and found a path leading to Beacon Hills.

Theo: send me all the reports, right now!

Liam obliged. Theo's icon was typing for a few minutes. What he finally sent made Liam's heart drop into his stomach. Senior year was about to get a whole lot harder.

Theo: shit, Liam, look at the amount killed in each area. This isn't just one supernatural creature, it's a pack.

Theo: Don't get killed. I'm coming back to Beacon Hills.

Meanwhile, Audrey Finstock-Moffat was walking home from babysitting for the Holloway's. It was almost nine o'clock and clouds covered the sky, so she was walking in near darkness.

She didn't make it home that night. Something, or someone, was watching her from off the path, right past where the sidewalk ends and the forest begins.

No one even heard her scream.