New York Part 2

103 likes including shelbs2003, i

103 likes including shelbs2003, i.am.chloe, annawheeter, and dave.trix

200 comments

i_destiny Don't mind us. Just enjoying life in NYC! 

shelbs2003 Why did you choose that one? I am being weird and you can't see your face!

annawheeter Why didn't you invite us? ;)

           [reply] dave.trix I took that photo Anna. It was like 6 am. You were sleeping.

                           [reply] i.am.chloe Haha! What were you guys doing up at 6 am?

 username Beautiful! Have fun!

Shelby and I couldn't sleep because who could possibly sleep when they're in New York? Davany was just scrolling social media so we went up to the rooftop of our hotel. The city was even awake at 6 am. It was absolutely breathtaking. I loved it. There was even a light cool breeze up there. So we had Dave take the photo of us being ridiculous with the buildings in the background. I didn't even realize Shelby and I matched until I posted it. Shelby and Davany were cold, so they returned to their rooms. I stayed because I could honestly look out onto the city forever. It had probably been a good thirty minutes and I heard strumming from a guitar. I go around the rooftop until I reach the sitting area by the door that lets out to the rooftop. It's the same guy from the vending machine. He plays a G to a Dsus to Bmaj7. "Shine like a star in the night, in a world so dark. You and I both know that nothing can change my heart." He stops and quickly writes it down on the pad of paper he has in front of him. 

"Wow, he writes," I say sitting down across from him. He lets out a chuckle, smiling before he looks up. 

"Destiny, what are you doing up?" I ask him the same question. I still don't know his name. He looks so familiar though and so does his voice. "It's quiet up here. I thought I could write while I'm here. I've been busy though so this is the only chance I've gotten since we've been here."

"Whatcha got?" He's hesitant for a second before he starts playing the same chords I heard before.

"Tonight, give me yourself tonight if you feel alright. Laying in the passenger seat with your legs on mine. Shine like a star in the night, in a world so dark. You and I both know that nothing can change my heart." I listen carefully until he's finished but he only has the first verse. I ask him what the song is about. "It's supposed to represent a thank you to all of our fans but it won't even be a fraction of what they deserve. We're the North Star Boys that do Asian-American content and we call our fans Stars." That's kind of cute. He tells me how they came up with the name. Wow. He's only twenty years old and he knows what he wants and he's going after it with intention of honoring his mom. Mack never talked about his future with this much passion. It's refreshing.