Graduation

I rolled over onto my stomach. The morning sun shown through the blinds and curtains even though it was to keep the light out. I graduate from high school tomorrow and today was my last day as a senior in high school. I have decided on UCLA to further my education. I have a love for music and they have a good performing arts program. It is also close to Oliver so it was a win-win situation. If it wasn't for Oliver, then the past month would have been extremely lonesome. My family has asking to meet him since I got back from LA. It gives me butterflies to think that we are at this point in our relationship of meeting families. I am so caught up in my thoughts that I did not even hear my bedroom door open. My eyes pop open as I feel the weight of my two younger siblings on top of me. "Angel, Drew, come on," I muffle a chuckle. I have to get ready anyway. So I shoo them out, throw on jean shorts and a tank-top, pull on some low-top converses, and run a brush through my hair. It has been extremely humid lately. 

    The drive to school was a bit bitter sweet if you know what I mean. Every street I passed, every park, every building that I passed held a memory whether it was good or bad, they ran through my head. I passed the city pool which was where I first met Shelby about ten years ago. That summer, we spent every day together. The city park was where I first met Davany about five years ago. It was spring break. She finished up that year being home-schooled and then joined us that fall. I passed the mall where Chloe, Anna, and I spent loads of time shopping. As I pulled into the parking lot of Colorado Springs High School, I passed the football field which is where Chloe and Anna introduced us to Monroe three years back. Mack and I kissed for the first time underneath the bleachers over there. I know that a lot of stuff has happened but I can't help thinking about everything. I pull the key out of the ignition and step out of my car. I look up to see Shelby across the lot with Davany. Shelby and I make eye contact as the two of them are walking towards the entrance of CSHS. I release a smile at my long-time friend and she runs to embrace me. How could I have let this go on for so long?

   "I'm sorry," I say at the same time that she does. I hug Davany as well to show that I forgive her too. "I am not about to graduate from high school without my two long-time friends. Especially when you called Chloe out on her shit." Davany wide-eyed me. "What? That's what it is."

    "I know. I just have not heard you cuss in awhile," Davany explains. 

    "Oh believe me. I confronted Chloe a few weeks ago. And I quote, 'What the hell, Chloe?'" Shelby links arms with me and the three of us continue on inside.

   "Now that that is out of the way. Explain this new boy of yours," Shelby says subtly. Davany seconded the motion. I quickly told them all about Oliver on our way to my locker.

123 likes including shelbs2003, dave

123 likes including shelbs2003, dave.trix, i_em, i_annie, and oliver_moy

200 comments

i_destiny We finally graduated! I love the memories that I created with @shelbs2003 and @dave.trix. Can't wait to create more!