Chapter 1: Samantha's Return and New member

Samantha's POV

It had been two weeks since Asteroid M. I finally left this abandoned apartment building to return to the brotherhood's boarding home. I missed the last two days of school because of not having complete control of my powers. So my summer vacation started early. While gaining control of my powers, I learned that I had developed some new powers.

"Well, see you later, mom. Good luck finding Wanda, " I said, about to leave.

"Bye, my angel. Good luck also finding recruits. More importantly, keep the house safe. I know Rogue won't cause any trouble, but the boy will. Kevin won't, at least not on purpose, but he can cause damage when they fight. So please keep them out of trouble, " Mom said.

"Don't worry; the first thing I do will be to pay the bills and get work down on the house. I have the key to unlock your bedroom so I can grab your money." I said.

"Good, I will be back as soon as I find Wanda, " she said.

I nodded, then flew out the window shift shaped into a bird.

**

After a while of flying, I finally made it home to the boarding home. When I was about to open the door, I heard shouting.

I sighed, not wanting to deal with an argument on my first day back, but I knew as the team leader, I would have to deal with it.

When I opened the door and walked inside, I saw Pietro and Todd fighting over a bag of chips.

"Seriously, it's summer vacation, and you two or fighting over a bag of chips, " I said, rolling my eyes.

The two boys froze, then turned to face me and stared at me wide-eyed.

"Sam, your back, " Pietro said.

While Toad looked at my outfit, I rolled my eyes at his perverted behavior.

"Yeah, and I come home to your fighting over a bag of chips and destroying the house! Also, Toad, quit being a pervert! " I shouted, not happy about the fact the house is destroyed.

Toad and Pietro both jumped back, afraid of my yelling.

"Who is yelling and why?" Two voices asked.

I look over to see Rogue and Kevin coming down the stairs. When they saw me, they were as shocked as Toad and Pietro.

"Sam, your back, " Rogue said with a smile.

"Yeah, " I said, smiling back.

"Nice outfit, babe, and you cut your hair. It's not down to your butt anymore, " Kevin said with a smirk.

'Kevin a just as pervert as Toad but cockier about it.' I thought.

"Oh, shut up, pervert. Where Lance?" I said, noticing Lance, the only one who hasn't come down.

"Oh, he went to see a movie. Also, if you didn't want me being a pervert, you shouldn't be wearing that outfit, " Kevin said.

"I see. Why were you two fighting over a bag of chips just to get another bag of chips? If you want chips that badly, " I asked.

"Because we both want chips, and only one bag exists." Toad and Pietro both said, pulling on the bag of chips again.

"I not in the mood to deal with this. I'm going for a drive glad to see you were not foolish enough to mess with my car. I'll buy you more chips on my way back so just share the bag, or I'll beat you both up!" I said, walking through the front door.