Chapter 2: Growing Pains

Samantha's POV

Summer vacation was now officially over. Now it was time for school to start back out. So far, the brotherhood got only one new member. The rest of my summer was spent getting work done on the house.

Right now, I was currently getting ready to go to school. But while I was getting ready, my phone started ringing.

"Hello, " I said, answering the phone.

"Hello, my angel, "mom's voice said over the phone.

"Mom, glad to hear from you, but is there a reason you called?" I asked.

"I just wanted to see how you're doing, " she replied.

"I'm good. I got repairs done to the house, and you already know about the new member since I called you over the summer to get her registered for school."

"Yeah, glad to hear the house is fine. Anyway just wanted to check on you and say that I'm still looking for Wanda and another mutant. So I won't be back yet, but you may see me already, " she said.

"Okay, when you say I see you around, you mean I see you around shift shape?" I asked.

"Yeah, I will be around shift shape gathering information I need to find them. I know where to get the information just need a way to get to it, so you see me around. I was only letting you know, so if you see me, you don't accidentally say, mom."

"Got it, well I better get to school bye, mom, talk to you later, and good luck getting your information."

"Bye Angel. Have a good day at school and keep the boys out of trouble."

"Understand, " I said before hanging once she was done talking.

Then I shifted shape and grabbed my backpack once I was done getting ready for school. Then I ran downstairs and headed to my car to drive myself, Rogue, and Mary to school.

**

Timeskip...

"Man, this bombs, yo! Even the flies here think they’re better than us!" Toad complained after failing to catch a fly with his tongue.

The start of a new year and semester at Bayville High brought a new principal, which meant an assembly. I leaned against the gym wall, along with the rest of the Brotherhood.

"Yeah, I don’t even know what we’re doing at school anyway," Blob agreed.

"But we do know what here, " Pietro mocked, looking at Lance as he searched for Kitty in the bleachers.

"He'd like to get a certain Kitty stuck in a tree, " Pietro jabbed while they laughed. "K-I-S-S-I-" he continued running away from Lance as he swatted his arm at the speedster, hitting Toad instead.

"Ow!" he yelled as the rest of the group snickered.

"Knock it off, boys! Where at school because education is essential and because my mom wants us here. She may not be here but want she wants still goes. I'm just glad Lance moved on and doesn't still have feelings for me, " I said.

"Me too because I didn't like him fitting with my girl, " Kevin muttered.

I just rolled my eyes at Kevin's comment.

I watched as Lance started to walk to the bleachers. And noticed Kevin looking also.

"Look who Lance found," Kevin nodded, pointing his finger at Lance, who was talking to Kitty. They watched as Lance shoved a boy aside to sit behind Kitty. The look on her face as he tried to speak to her was pure disgust, making boys laugh.