Chapter 4: The Carnival

Samantha sighed as she walked back inside of the messy house after going to the store early to buy more food but was happy someone was coming to go fix it up.

She walked in on Toad, eating some files with his tongue, and Pietro searching for something to eat. She saw

"Toad that gross and here more food, " she said, taking the bags to the kitchen. Everyone grabbed something to eat then Samantha put the rest of the food away.

"Yo, did you get this dough from your mother's room? How will that door be so hard, " Toad said.

"Because idiot, she has the key to the room, " Kevin said, walking downstairs. "How do you think the bills are being paid clearly? She has access to her mom's room."

"Kevin, great I was hoping you be downstairs before me and the girls leave for school. I need to talk with you about two things, " She said.

"Okay, what are they?" He asked, looking at Samantha.

"I was wondering if you would like to go to the carnival with me?" She asked.

"Yeah, I would love to, but what was the other thing," He said.

"We talk about that later anyway. I see you. Rogue and Mary are waiting for me in the car. They stayed in the car since I was only coming in to bring in the food I had brought. We were something on the way to the store. And you boy's better to be going to school, and Toad, don't try to knock down my mother's door again, or you break something, " Samantha said, walking outside of the house.

**

Samantha walked to her locker after arriving at school with Rogue and Mary. She opened her locker and began rifling through it when someone tapped her shoulder.

"Yes, " she said, annoyed, turning around to see Kevin standing behind her.

"Hey, Sam, you okay?" He asked, looking at her exhausted eyes.

"Yeah, why do you ask Kevin?" She asked.

"Well, for one, you seem exhausted and really annoyed lately. So I figured something was bothering you, " he replied.

"Well, maybe something is bothering me. That is the other thing I wanted to discuss, but we do it at lunch. I need to get to class, " She said.

"Alright, Sam, we talk at lunch, and we need to talk about what time you want to leave for the carnival tonight, " Kevin said, walking away.

Samantha let out a sigh as she walked to class. Just wanting this stress to go away, leading a team full of troublemakers, is a huge pain. She was just glad Rogue didn't cause that much trouble except for her crazy pranks.

**

Samantha was now walking in the cafeteria, looking for Kevin now that it was finally lunchtime. When she spotted Kevin sitting at a table by himself, she then walked over to him.

"Hey Sam, so what bothering you lately?" Kevin asked.

"I'm just stressed, " she answered.

"With school?"

"No, well, it adds to my stress. But it is leading the brotherhood and having to deal with you guys causing trouble like at the game, then having to do training mostly for Rogue and Mary to gain control of their powers. More importantly, constantly paying bills and getting the house fix. It was just too much for me. That is why I want to go to the Carnival to get some relaxation time. So I wanted to ask you if you could help me stop the boys from doing anything crazy."

"Of course, anything for you, I can do that. I will also stop joining them. I may get tempted, being a guy and all, but I won't join. You should have told me sooner that you were stressed."