Chapter 5 - Friends

Toga's p.o.v

I snapped awake. My phone was beside me, I checked the time.

4:57 AM

"Thank god. I have to be at work by 6."

I'm glad and appreciative that Mr. Kimyu gave me a 12 hour shift. I need the money and I'll be helping him by working long shifts 6 days a week because I'm his only employee. I sat up, it was still dark outside. I shifted over and turned on my night lamp to see.

I was laying with a red jacket. I remembered last night. It's Y/n's jacket. They made me feel loved. The after memories flooded my brain, breaking down in front of Y/n. Remembering AFO and Shiggi collapsing. Succumbing to darkness and death.

I got up and neatly folded up Y/n's jacket. I'll return it before I leave. I flip the light switch on and shut off my tiny night lamp so I can fully see. I stepped into the bathroom and peeled off my clothes from yesterday.

I turned the shower on and let the hot water burn my skin.

"What now?" I questioned myself. "I have a job, I have two new friends, one that might be a love interest. No- scratch that, I like Y/n and I want to be more than a friend."

I remembered a saying Shiggi would always say, "with time comes patience and with patience comes victory." I smiled at the thought, "That old man-child, I miss him. I miss the league."

I finished with my shower and got dressed. "I have no food, shit." I lifted up my shirt and looked at my stomach. "The last decent meal I've had in a long time was last night." I can go without breakfast.

I looked at my phone again.

5:12 AM

"I have enough time to go drop off the jacket and catch the bus to work since it was only a 10 minute drive." When I get my first paycheck next friday, I'll go to the thrift store and get some cheap bedroom furniture I planned.

When the clock hit 5:30, I locked up the apartment and made my way over to Y/n's and Mika's apartment. I knocked on the door, I held my breath.

The door opened, "Oh hey Toga." It was Mika.

"Hey Mika. I need to talk to Y/n."

"Ohhh, they might still be asleep." Mika yawned, "Y/n doesn't have to get up right away unlike me, I have work at 6."

"Oh! I have work at 6 too."

"Cool, do you want a ride?" She asked,

"That'd honestly be so kind of you, thank you." I smiled,

"Hey, no problem, thats what friends do, help each other. Well, I see you have Y/n's jacket. Their bedroom is right there, second right door if you wanna sneak in there and drop it off." Mika pointed to Y/n's bedroom door.

"Thanks Mk," I walked down the hallway and quietly opened Y/n's door. My breath hitched as my eyes landed upon them sleeping. I set their jacket down on the wardrobe and did a full 360, looking around.

Y/n's room was what people assume is a college kids room. I noticed all the assignments on Y/n's desk with sticky notes. An idea sparked in my head, I grabbed a sticky note and a pencil and began writing.

"Thank you for letting me use your jacket last night. You really make my head spin. I'm gonna be busy at work for the next few days so text me." I wrote down my number, I quickly scribbled "Your a really good person, a good-looking one too."

I put the sticky note on the jacket and quickly but gently closed the door before I regret writing that last part.

"You ready to go?" Mika asked, she was sitting on the kitchen barstool with the keys.

"Yeah, thanks again, Mika." I said, feeling a little bit guilty.

"Hey, don't sweat it." Mika stood up, "and here," she tossed a breakfast bar at me, "I can tell you didn't eat breakfast. Now c'mon lets go, you can eat on the way there."

I smiled brightly before catching up to her.

"Maybe this life isn't so bad after all."

A/N: I'm so sorry for not writing chapter 5 yesterday! I was a little busy and completely forgot about writing the chapter! Thank you guys for 47 total reads, I seriously did not expect this story to get that many reads. I've been reading Iwaoi fanfics, and honestly Iwa and Oikawa make sense as partners so maybe I'll make a fanfic about them next?? (If you guys don't agree with Iwaoi, please don't argue or hate because ships are just someones opinion. I won't force you guys to like Iwaoi for any reason because its your opinion whether you like the ship or not.) We'll see if I get any other suggestions first though ^^ It's gonna get extremely angsty soon here but not before more fluff. I don't know if ya'll want a lemon or something. I might just make a tiny smut chapter since Y/n is a boy or girl. But thank you guys for reading! I'll definitely see to posting chapter 6 tomorrow! ^^

Word count: 853 words