Chapter 2 - The Merge

Author's Note: Enjoy the unfolding chaos! :D

~ Amina Gila

Ahsoka has absolutely no idea what Anakin was thinking, leaving with those Sith like that. If they had all attacked them, maybe they would have been able to escape, at least. She should have been with him!

Although she has to admit it's good that someone is able to tell the Council. If only they were able to track where those Sith were going. She didn't have time to tell someone to track the trajectory they took when they jumped to hyperspace, thanks to the battle that's still raging. And with both Anakin and Obi-Wan gone, Ahsoka suddenly doesn't know what to do next.

She's in charge of the 501st until he gets back, and she needs to warn Plo about what happened. And considering that they have six new Sith to deal with, she's pretty sure that takes precedence over fighting the battle right now. It's hard to establish a proper, uninterrupted comm connection with him but she somehow succeeds. "Master Plo, there's a bit of an emergency," she begins in a rush. "These... crazy Sith appeared and they claim that they reality-jumped or something, and one of them looks just like my master, except he's much older, and he had at least five others there, and one of them looked just like me!! And they captured Master Kenobi! And – and Anakin went with them and I have no idea what he's thinking!!" She doesn't care that she sounds like she's shrieking half-hysterically, because she has a very, very good reason to panic right about now.

She is not panicking though. She is not.

"Slow down," he chides. "How can you be sure they were Sith?"

"They said so! And they had red lightsabers and were using the Dark Side!"

"And you said they just appeared?"

"Yes! There was a disturbance in the Force and suddenly they were just there!"

"I sensed a disturbance as well," Plo muses, a distinct note of worry in his voice, "Why did your master go with them?"

"They offered to let both of us come! And he wouldn't let them take Master Kenobi alone."

"However they came here, they could well be allied with the Separatists."

"I don't know," she objects, "One of them crushed a bunch of the droids with the Force. But they still obviously hate the Jedi, so I don't understand why they offered to let us come!"

"This is... disturbing. I will relate this information to the Council," he decides."They will likely want to personally hear all the details about these Sith from you. Where are they now?"

"They left the planet, and I wasn't able to track them."

"Focus on the battle," Plo instructs, at last, "I will contact you when I know how we will proceed. May the Force be with you."

***

Vader enters the room Anakin is staying in. The ride to Mustafar is quite long, so they have time, and he would very much like to speak with his... younger, Jedi counterpart.

He's still sitting next to Obi-Wan, where the twins said he's been this entire time. "What do you want with him?" Anakin asks, expression guarded, holding Obi-Wan's hand tightly. "Where are you taking us?" His fear might be well shielded to most others, but Vader can still sense it as strongly as ever. It feeds back into the Force, fueling the Dark Side, fueling Vader.

"He was my master, too," Vader replies, considering the question. He doesn't know how the Jedi will feel about what he's planning, though he'll go through with it regardless.