JJ x reader

Title: "I swear it's not what it seems like"

Your JJ's kid and your a teenager (idc how old you want yourself to be but ur a teenager) btw

Pronouns: idk most likely they/them

  JJ was up late talking to Will about you, your grades had slipped and she'd noticed her coffee going missing and more cups being dirtied up than normal for just her and Will to be drinking the coffee. She knew your younger brothers weren't drinking it so it had to be you. You'd also begun to ask Will for energy drinks from the store and started wearing heavy makeup under your eyes to cover the circles. You could hear bits of what they were saying through the paper thin walls of your family's house as you laid in bed watching videos on your phone. Having put on both your headphones you didn't see or hear it when JJ walked in on you.

    She walked over to you and tapped on the top of your phone, your family's signal to take both headphones off. Your grades had been slipping lately which is why JJ was talking to Will. She was worried there was something wrong. What she didn't know was that you were almost always running on very little sleep and a whole lot of energy drinks and coffee.

   "I swear it's not what it seems like!" You shouted in a small panic afraid your mom would be mad at you. JJ sighed "honey I'm not mad at you" she smiled a small smile reassuringly before telling you to put your phone down. "How long have you not been sleeping?" She asked. You were surprised she didn't assume this was just a one night thing. "I recognize the signs honey I was the same when I was your age" you were surprised "you were?" "Mhm I was honey, it took me a long time before I could sleep well again. I really do need to know, how long have you not been sleeping, at least this time?" looking away from your moms caring gaze you mumbled "2 days this time." Meaning you'd gotten a little sleep 2 days previously.

      JJ nodded before telling you to lay down and try to sleep.  She quickly shot off a text to Will telling him she'd be staying with you for the night as well as turning off your lamp and any other lights in your room. She then told you to put your phone up and try to sleep. You did as told and felt her gently run her fingers through your hair since she'd moved to sit next to you on the bed. Soon enough you'd fallen asleep to the feeling of your mom humming and running her fingers through your hair.
________________________________

Sorry this one came out a bit less than my normal short oneshot standard. This is a criminal minds oneshot btw. Hope you like :)

-Brooklyn