Chapter 1: Princess of Madya

November 1714 

Idina sat on a chair with her well-loved easel in front of her, with a palette of vibrant blues and greens on her hand

Idina sat on a chair with her well-loved easel in front of her, with a palette of vibrant blues and greens on her hand. As she had done for years, she was painting the ocean in front of her, accurately painting the lovely waves onto her canvas as they hit the rocks in front of the bluff.

She had pulled the chair from her vanity to her bedroom balcony. Idina had adored painting ever since she first held a paintbrush. She enjoyed going down to the kingdom to paint a scene of the bountiful farmers market, or the water down at the docks, as well as the lovely merchants. She loved going down there so much, she would sneak out just to paint. As she has grown older, she has learned that it is better to remain in the castle. But the warm wind calls to her, and the waves beckon and lead her out to the light.

For as long as she can remember and even now, she has always found that she feels the most alive when she is standing at the edge of the water. She knows it's dangerous, but she always longs to be there. It calls to her. The sound of the ocean soothes her restless soul. She has always found the ocean to be very beautiful, but seeing where the sky meets the sea has always been her favorite. If she goes to explore that great horizon, she may never come back.

Most would think that she is the luckiest girl in the world. She has priceless treasures within her grasp, she wears beautiful gowns draped in jewels and lace every day, and everything she could ever want. She's is a princess, she is who every little girl dreams of being. This is not a life that Idina has wished for herself. She is insecure in her role in the family, and is worried that she is not as loved as the rest of her siblings. All she wants to do is spend a day warm on sandy beaches, and she longs to be part of a world where she is free to wander, and free to explore.

Idina dipped her paintbrush in white and began dabbing on a little cloud, identical to the one that was floating in the sky in front of her, just above the bluff that the castle sits on. The happy blue sky twinkled against the shimmering blue waters below. Happy little birds chirped in the trees and the garden that surround the castle. Lost inside her own mind, she is far away from all that haunts her. Time doesn't exist, and there is always magic waiting for her in her own world.

Idina rubbed the back of her wrist against her forehead, careful not to get any paint on her beautiful creamy pale skin. The sun was lighting up her kingdom in a golden glow, which she had perfectly emulated in her art. The light that shined on the sea was blinding, calling out to her. The Ocean Man was soon to take her by the hand, and lead her on the greatest adventure.

Idina is the Princess of Madya. Madya is a small, yet wealthy kingdom that inhabits a popular island in the North Atlantic Ocean. They have an excellent trading post, giving Madya its spot on the map. It is the mother of two neighboring kingdoms, which create the Parasio Empire that King Victor IV rules.

Idina was considered the rebel child of all the royal children, as well as the most beautiful. Blessed by Aphrodite herself, her beauty was almost mystical. Her teeth were brilliantly white, her neck was slender and fair, and her bust was admirably proportioned to her slender body. She had heavy, long inky black velvet hair that swayed softly at her hips, and angelic amber eyes. Her satin lips were always stained as if she had just eaten strawberries. She was famed for her healthy and amazingly long hair, as well as her short, tragic life.