i. family reunions

family reunions;❛ DEATH TO JULIET ❜❝ mr

family reunions;
❛ DEATH TO JULIET ❜
❝ mr. hargreeves has passed away ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The Blackwell Academy fell apart two decades ago. When Clara Blackwell died and the children started training with the Umbrella Academy next door, everything was much more dull. They stopped being a family and looked like a programmed army. Which was something that only became more obvious after Number Seven, Charles, died on a mission.

Their official downfall happened when they all turned eighteen. People started leaving one by one. First, it was Number Four. Regina has always been a rebellious spirit so no one was surprised when she was the first to pack her bags. Then, it was Number Two and Six, Landon and Annabeth. And then Number Five, Marcel. And then finally Number One.

Sharon always felt like it was her responsibility to keep the Blackwell Academy going but she couldn't stare at the empty halls and the quiet house anymore.

So, they all left Rebecca alone.

The eight years of being completely alone with nothing other than an empty house full of memories hurt her up to a point that she was slowly going insane. Her immortality and the fact that she still looked fifteen was proven to be a curse because she couldn't do anything.

Eventually she decided to continue with her mother's plan. She was going to look for more people who were born on October 1st of 1989 and was going to try to help them with their powers. It was difficult because all of the people born on that date were adults by the time that she started looking for them.

The people that she did find left after only a while of staying there. In eight years, she managed to help out fifteen people. All of them knew about their powers. It was impossible to live with them for more than twenty years and not know about them. Most of them only wanted to learn how to control it but there were four of them that actually wanted to learn how to use them.

But they soon left her too.

She would have gone insane if it was not for Landon calling her at least once a week and for Betty ❪ the maid that she and Sharon hired before the latter left the Academy ❫ who was the only person who stepped into that house for years other than her, Pogo and occasionally Reginald.

Nights at the Blackwell Academy were always quiet. Peaceful in a haunting kind of way. It made her want to scream so loud that every person down in their street would go unconscious. One of those quiet and stormy nights, Rebecca was the first person Pogo went to after the death of Reginald Hargreeves.

He walked into her office ❪ the one that used to belong to her mother ❫ with a blank look on his face. Pogo looked absolutely drained.

"Miss. Blackwell? Can I come in?"

A smile immediately showed up on Rebecca's face, "Of course, Pogo. Do you need something?"

"In a way yes." he nodded solemnly, "I need you to call your siblings. Mr. Hargreeves has passed away."