ii. you said you were gonna grow up, then you were gonna come find me

you said you were gonna grow up, then you were gonna come find me;❛ DEATH TO JULIET ❜❝ look where that hope got him ❞

❛ DEATH TO JULIET ❜
❝ look where that hope got him ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

After Clara Blackwell died from an alleged brain tumor, Reginald adopted all of her children. But he made a point of separating the Umbrellas and the Blackwells. He wanted them to understand that they were still each other's competition.

So, the Blackwells still slept and ate at the Blackwell Academy with Pogo taking care of them. They were barely able to talk to the Umbrella Academy when they weren't fighting or training.

Which was why Rebecca had no idea how she even ended up spending most of her nights in the company of Number Five. Well, the Umbrella's Number Five.

He was snarky, arrogant and a know it all who was a little bit too cocky at times. At first, those were the things Rebecca hated about him because they were polar opposites. But the more nights they spent in the garden that separated the two academies, the more fond of him she became.

Five helped her see how different and alike their families were when he would often complain about something Reginald did. Yes, Reginald. The Hargreeves siblings rarely called him dad. That was the first difference between their families. Clara actually cared about them and treated them like her own children. She didn't just use them for their powers and made a robot raise them instead of her.

But Rebecca only discovered what kind of asshole Reginald actually was when he officially started training them when they were thirteen and Clara just died. He was treating them like literal animals. She remembered the way he had one-on-one training with every single one of them. She really wished she could forget how everything went down that night when it was her turn. That was the first Five showed his vulnerable side when she broke down in front of him.

After that, they would sit a little closer to each other when they were in the garden. They also got closer and closer every day. Their secret meetings started when they were twelve ... and lasted until they were fifteen. Until the night when Five announced he was going to ask Reginald if he could time travel.

"You can't time travel!" Rebecca exclaimed in disbelief, "You aren't ready yet. So many things could go wrong, Five."

Five scoffed and scratched the back of his neck, "God, Becca. You sound just like him."

"Well, maybe he isn't wrong about this." she shot back, surprising both of them by how stubborn she was being, "I don't want you to get hurt. I can't lose you too."

Those words made him stop pacing. His shoulders dropped and he turned to look at her with an unfamiliar soft look in his eyes. No one took Charles' death harder than she had. She was the one that actually felt it happening. She felt him slipping right through her fingers and felt the exact same pain that he felt.