Chapter 1 "Getting ready for Final Selection"

"Again.."

Mirabel tried cut the the rock but didn't make it through. Shuiro looked worriedly at Mirabel.

Is this really a right thing? Maybe I worry too much about her..But the Final Selection is getting closer..And she doesn’t know her breathing style...

"I am tired Shuiro..Can we take a break?"

Shuiro was back in reality from her thoughts. Her gaze went to her partner who looked tired.

"Fine.."

What was worrying Shuiro was that how Mirabel's training was going. It wasn’t that Mirabel was bad at it..No. The thing was how tired she was.

She hasn't rest since she came here..It makes me wonder..What is really reason for her to take Final Selection..? I know she wants to be Hashira..but that thing doesn’t happen in overnight..Is it for her family? If that is reason then I will apprecite that..

"Shuiro?"

"Huh?"

"I been calling for you quite while now.."

"Oh..Sorry..I was in my own thoughts..What did you say?"

"Just asking should we head home..It's getting dark..And Senjuro had been on his own for quite a long time..So I was wondering.."

"Of course..Let's go.."

Shuiro and Mirabel started walking back to their home. Mirabel then noticed how her legs were too weak to walk.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes! I will.." Mirabel tried again but her legs gave in.

Shuiro sighed and then laughed a little.

"How about I will carry you home? Because if we go this pace demons will come from shadows.."

Mirabel looked at Shuiro who went infront of her and then went down.

"Camon..Hop on.."

"Are you sure?" asked Mirabel who blushed a little.

"Of course..I have carried you before..Don't you remember?"

"Whatever you say firehead.." said Mirabel who got on Shuiro's back.

Shuiro smiled and started walking back to their home.After they had arrieved Senjuro was waiting for them with a food and tea.

"Finally! I was so hungry at the mountains.."

"Oh..really?" asked Senjuro.

"Well..this firehead forgot to bring something to eat.."

Shuiro looked at her partner with *so done* face.

"I just trained you in the same way that Uzui, Giyu and my father trained me.." said Shuiro and continued eating.

Mirabel looked at Shuiro. Was Shuiro really trained that harshly? Of course she was..She was on the same level as other Hashiras..And knew many breathing tecniques...

"Shuiro.."

"What is it?"

"I always wanted to ask..How was your traning days in Demon Slayer Corps or before your Final Selection.."

Shuiro's face changed. She became quiet. She then looked at Senjuro who knew something about your training days. Sudden sadness came to Shuiro's face. Shuiro then looked Mirabel's direction who was waiting for your answer.

"Um..I think I will go to sleep right now..Thanks for making food Senjuro.." said Shuiro and walked away.

Mirabel who was little suprised by Shuiro's actions was also going to stood up and go after her. But then Senjuro stopped her.

"I think it's better for leaving her alone for now.."

"What did I do?"

Senjuro was hesitant and then sighed.

"Sit down. I will tell you..what I know."

Mirabel and Senjuro sat down.

"What is it? Did I upset her? Is she angry with me?"

Senjuro laughed a little. And then looked at Mirabel.

"No..I don't believe you made her angry. She is..how can I say this? Just sensitive about her training days and Final Selection.."

"Why is that?"

Senjuro thought about it.

"I don’t know if I suppose to say this..But there was..some kind of accident when she was in her Final Selection..Also in the way she lost someone very important to her.."

"Was it a lover?"

"No.It was her best friend. Although she didn't die on Final Selection but by Uppermoon."

"So she has lost her..mother, father and also her best friend. In the same time she also lost many things.."

"Yes.My cousin's past wasn’t the easiest. That is why I am happy that you came to her life. But I am also certain that she is worried about you."

"Why is that?"

"Because she is afraid that your powers won't be enough for Final Selection."

Mirabel thought about it. Some of that were true. She didn't had that level yet.

I hope Shuiro isn't too stress out by it. I know will do it..and when I will become Demon Slayer..I show her that I can protect her as well like she has protected me.

"Do you know who her best friend was?"

"Maybe you should ask herself that. I am no position to tell all about my cousin. But I will tell you that she was very close to one of hashira and was hashira herself."

Huh? Stop with riddles Senjuro!

"But I don’t know..!"

"Well..Ask Shuiro about it tomorrow..I want to go sleep now. Good night!"

Cheez..This kid..

Mirabel then looked at the moon and started walking to her own bedroom. When she got in all of thoughts started to roll in her head.

Shuiro..She has a lot of secrets does she..And I don't want to force her to tell them all..But the thing she lost her best friend to Uppermoon..Who is that friend?..Well no matter I will ask her tomorrow.. Why..Why..Why?! Is so hard to her to tell me about her past?! Does she not trust me? No that can be..Shuiro promised to train me..And that promise will continue until I will become hashira..I just hope Shuiro would atleast tell me about herself a little more..

Shuiro on other hand felt a little guilt when she left Mirabel alone with Senjuro.

Why did I do that? She deserves to know to the truth about my Final Selection and what kind of burden I will carry for the rest of my life what happend to my best friend. I should stop walking away when someone is talking to me..

With that Shuiro went to sleep and closed her eyes.

(Chapter 1📍📝 A/n: Hohohih! (Sorry..I am way too tired while writing this😅) Um..suprise? I will start (again) new book maybe not new book but second book about Shuiro and Mirabel. This book I will focus on Shuiro's past and Mirabel's Final Selection. That's it..I hope you guys liked this little suprise. See ya in next chapter ~)