Chapter 8 "Danger in Final Selection"

Shuiro speeded up her pace back to her home. She had to get ready for Final Selection and she only had a one day for that.

I will talk to Mirabel after she is done..I have to make things right..

Senjuro watched how his cousin was getting ready for another mission eventhough she had just returned from another.

"Do you really have to go?"

"Yes..Order from Ubuyashiki.."

"Okay..

Senjuro gave Shuiro bento box and a backpack.

"Come back alive.."

"Of course.."

Shuiro then left to the mountain where the Final Selection was held. She watched how many and young ones were joining. Then her gaze went to Mirabel. She looked tired but in the same she looked like she was ready.

Let's see how much you have grown..Mirabel..

"Hello..dear new canditates of future demon slayer corps..I am Shuiro Rengoku..your host and Phonenix Hashira..Let's get to the rules.."

Mirabel stared at Shuiro with serious stare.

"The rules this year is going to be little different..I will be here during the Final Selection..but.. I can't touch normal demons or get between your fights..If you die from normal demon then I can't help.."

Everyone looked scared and also some of them were suprised.

"So best of luck for your Final Selection.."

Shuiro was walking away from the canditates until she was stopped by some people.

"You are here to help us right? So we can get pass on this Final Selection..Then it's going be easy.."

"Who said I will help?..Who said Final Selection will be easy? I am just here to see if there is Upper Rank demons..not guide your selfish actions to get in..to Demon Slayer Corps.."

"Wha?! But.."

"Remember..if you get in..I will be your superior and senior..You have to take orders from me..Also..what are you guys still stand there..Go already!"

Shuiro then dissapared. Mirabel gaze followed others and then she went to the forest.

I have to stay in focus..Remember what Shinobu teached me..

It had been couple of days since Final Selection had started and Mirabel started feel that her powers were going down because of hunger. During those days Mirabel had killed couple of demons.

I am startin feel really hungry right now.. How many days I still have left..?

Then Mirabel heard a noice. It came from her behind. Mirabel then took her sword out but then she heard familar voice.

"Mirabel!"

Mirabel's eyes wided. She saw her whole family standing in front of her.

"What are you wearing?!"

"Shush..Shut up.."

"You don't talk to your grandmother like that! We are going home right now!"

No! Why they are here?! This is during..No! It's going to be night soon!"

"Listen to me! You guys need to get out of here! It's going to be night soon..and.."

And it was too late. In front of Mirabel was a demon and that demon was...a Uppermoon.

"Hahaha what do we have here..?"

Mirabel stared at the Uppermoon with terrified experission on her face.

"Oh! A whole family in Final Selection! They will be perfect in my art! Don't you think?!" Said demon and gave sinnister laugh.

In the first time in Final Selection Mirabel felt that she was truly scared. She saw how the demon took out one of his vases and how there was different parts of human to the head to a toe.

"Let's see..What part do you want to be in my art..?"

Mirabel then looked over her family. Why did they came over here? All the fear and sadness came to their eyes. They had to face that fear again and Mirabel felt it was her fault.

"You didn't answer me girl..What are you doing?!"

Mirabel tooked her sword out and was ready to charge. Demon smiled surely.

"Demon Slayer..huh?"

Multiple charges later Mirabel was out of her breath but the demon didn't flich.

"I have to give that you have some good moves but you are being well what was the word..? Well..useless and failure.

Demon looked at Mirabel. Mirabel felt her tears were forming in her eyes.

I am so useless..I can't even protect my family properly..Maybe..I am not suitable for being demon slayer..

"Oh..And by the way..You don't need that.." said demon and snapped Mirabel's sword.

Mirabel wided her eyes. Her only sword was broken.

"You! Stupid girl! Why?! Did you let your sword broken?! Can't you do anything right?! Let Isabela and Luisa handle this!"

Isabela looked over the demon and then she looked at the Mirabel. She then charged demon with a poison flowers.

"Stay a way from my sister!"

"Oh..So you guys have some pretty ones also..I forget..My name is Gyokko.."

"Look at that Mirabel..Even your sisters now how to fight demons and you don't! You should just give up!"

"Mama! Let me focuse on healing!"

"What healing she needs?! She is just useless anyway.."

Maybe she is right..I should just give up..

Just then Gyokko throwed Isabela and Luisa to the ground.

"Tsk..Humans..Now back to you!" said Gyokko and charged to Mirabel and throwed her whole family aside.

Mirabel cried but still decided fight back.

Don't stop..Don't stop..Don't give up!!

She then heard faint voice.

Kasumi no kokyū : Shi no kata: Iryūgiri

"Huh?"

Mirabel then looked up. She saw a boy who looked at around same age as Tanjiro. The boy looked at Mirabel with puzled look.

"Oh..It's..What was your name again?"

"Huh? Have we met before?"

"Um..I think so..Or I don't know."

Mirabel then looked closer then reliazed that the boy was familiar from Shuiro's hashira seremony. He sat next to Shinobu then.

"Oh..Right.We have met..I am Mist Hashira Muichiro Tokito..I think? And your name..was um...Mirabel..right?"

Gyokko looked annoyed with a sudden appearance of an hashira.

"Can we continue?!"

"Yeah..And also..Rengoku..Please help us out too.."

Mirabel gaze went to near by tree then she saw Shuiro standing there.

"Alright.."

(Chapter 8📍)