Chapter 4 "Tanjiro's trust"

Mirabel carefully looked at Shuiro who eated slower than usual.

"Shuiro..Are you okay?"

"Someway..Yes.."

"Could you now tell us what is on your mind?"

Shuiro was quiet. She stopped eating and stood up. And left to the basement. Mirabel sighed and Senjuro could see that two girls had some argument.

"Are you guys okay?"

Mirabel clicked her tongue and eated with annoyence.

"Mirabel I know..It might be not easy but.."

"Senjuro..I will think about to transfer to Shinobu's tsugoko.

Senjuro was suprised. He didn't expect Mirabel to say that. It would also mean that Mirabel would also move out from Shuiro's and Senjuro's home.

"I see..The training ways to Rengoku's weren't for you right?"

"I am afraid they weren't.."

"Is Shuiro also reason that you want to move out?"

Mirabel was silent. Shuiro had been acting weird for couple of days. How could she trust a person who keeps her secrets all to time and might not trust her back.

"It's not about Shuiro..I still love her..but if I want to become demon slayer I want to train with a tecnique which might be for me.."

Senjuro understood that. He agreed to Mirabel. Also if Mirabel was away Shuiro might spill her secret to Senjuro.

"Do you want me to pack your things?"

"No need.."

Then idea crossed Senjuro's mind. He should ask Tanjiro about it. He didn't know why but he had a feeling that Tanjiro had idea what was going on his cousin's mind.

"Mirabel..Before you leave..We should ask Tanjiro about Shuiro's case.."

"Why Tanjiro..?"

"He might know something.."

"Why would she tell Tanjiro and not me or other hashiras?"

Senjuro thought about it and said:

"I don't really know..Tanjiro was close to my brother eventhough they knew eachother for such short time..Maybe the information was something about Sun breathing or.."

"Sun breathing? What is that?"

"What I heard from Shuiro and from my father..Sun breathing is a first breathing form which is ever made.."

Mirabel thought about it and decided to ask Tanjiro about it one last time with Senjuro. They did their chores and then left Rengoku's home without telling Shuiro where they went.

After a little walk in forest they found Tanjiro without Zenitsu and Inosuke who left a little earlier.

"Hey..Tanjiro.."

"Oh..It's Senjuro and Mirabel! What are you guys doing here?"

"We have a something to ask.."

"Well..go a head then.."

"It's about Shuiro.."

Tanjiro stared at them for a little too long. He didn't wanted show them that he knew something but for Tanjiro's case he was bad at hidding it.

"Tell..us Tanjiro..What happend to Shuiro? And why she had been so weird?" asked Mirabel who almost sounded hopeless.

Tanjiro knew that he couldn't lie for them but also he knew that he didn't wanted to betray his masters trust. It wasn't going to be easy. Suddenly he noticed and smelled familiar figure in the distance. It was Shuiro. She stayed a little far away that Senjuro or Mirabel didn't notice. Tanjiro worriedly looked at Shuiro's direction and noticed small nod from Shuiro. It was permisson that Shuiro gave him so that he could tell..

"Shuiro found something in Rengoku's basement..It was something about her family..from her mother's side..."

"But weren't Shuiro's mother a oiran? Is it something important that she has to space out and look all gloomy..?"

Tanjiro looked at Mirabel.

"Sorry..Continue.."

"She found something about her mother's ancestors..Something what she didn't even know or she didn't wanted anyone to know.."

"What is it about?"

Tanjiro took a deep breath and then said:

"Shuiro is a descendant of Yoriichi Tsugikuni.."

Mirabel and Senjuro were looking at eachother. Senjuro looked shocked and was almost shaking.

"Who..?"

"The first person who made the first breathing form..Sun breathing.."

"Shuiro is related to him? Huh..Seems like it's quite a shock for her..No wonder she hasn't been herself lately.."

"What do you mean Senjuro?"

"She has been really gloomy and not focused on her tasks very well..Even Shinobu came to scold her for being and acting like Tomioka.."

"Maybe that is her way to cope with that information..Also the reason why she didn't wanted to tell you guys was maybe that she didn't wanted to put you guys on danger..."

"What..?"

"If Muzan finds about this..that there is a living descendant of Yoriichi then he might plan something or maybe putting all Uppermoons..to a fight.."

"That is true..Has Shuiro told to Ubuyashiki Kagaya?"

"No..But I am pretty sure she will soon. Shuiro herself said that she doesn't want to do anything with Muzan..but I am afraid that either way she will be involved.."

Shuiro listened how Tanjiro told what has been happening lately. Shuiro thought that Tanjiro was a right person that would break the news to her family when she was only processing all the information that she had gotten that day.

"Oh..Almost forgot..Shuiro found some old book also where she found picture of her ancestors..Also she said she will restore the book because it quite dirty and old."

"Shuiro can do that?"

"Yeah..When she was young..she also worked in different places..One of them was restoring old books.."

"Gosh! How many things she can do?"

"Quite many..I have to say.."

Tanjiro smiled at the two.

"I am happy that one was resolved. Also I am relieved that Shuiro is trusting that important information to me. I understand that the way she was behaving was wrong but...maybe you two also have something to say to her.."

"That is right..I..um..We shouldn't have pushed her too much. She has a right to feel different emotions and sides that we might not even know about..She must feel so confused and lonely when she has responsibility like that."

"I can imagine.."

Meanwhile Shuiro was smiling behind the tree. She was lucky that she had a family like that.

(Chapter 4📝📍)