Chapter 2: Twister!

Alya's smiling face appeared again. "Hello! So if you're watching this it means that you've had your fort and pillow fight. Hope you took pictures of the fort before destroying it. I wanna see it tomorrow!"

"Ha! I did!" said Adrien with a grin, and Marinette's gaze got lost again into those pools of green.

"—tte? Marinette, can you hear me?" Adrien's voice resounded next to her and his hand moving in front of her eyes brought her back from her réverie.

"Uh! Oh, yeah, right! I'm okay." She jumped and stood to attention, which caused him to let out another little chuckle.

"Twister," he said suddenly and Marinette blinked a couple of times, trying to make sense of what he'd just said. He must've noticed it, because he continued, slowly, "Alya said to play Twister."

"Oh. Right." Marinette finally understood what he was saying. Okay, that sounded like another innocent game, she'd played that with Alya and Nino so many times! It was a perfect sleepover game that was just a lot of fun.

"Alya said that we need to do at least 10 colours each and if any of us falls, we'll have to take shots."

"But," complained Marinette, "the rules say that whoever falls loses."

Adrien shrugged. "Do you want to hear Alya's message again?"

"Nah, I believe you," said Marinette.

"Alya said that since we don't have a referee, one of us needs to call the colour and the other the limb."

Blood rushed to Marinette's face as Adrien said that. Holy fucking shoot, she'd totally forgotten what the Twister game was all about. Innocent sleepover game my bloody foot! She was so occupied internally screaming and freaking out that she missed Adrien's question, and the boy had to repeat it a second time, and a third, until he gave up and moved to the package, rummaging inside until he emerged with envelope n2. Which was, in fact, a Twister board.

I'll kill Alya tomorrow! was all Marinette could think as Adrien set the board on the ground.

"HA!" explained Marinette causing Adrien to startle and look at her pointedly. "We can't play. We've got no alcohol!"

A guttural chuckle resounded from Adrien's throat, and Marinette had never wanted more than to slap his handsome face silly. "Alya said to look in the cabinet near your doll's house. She said that there's a little present there, courtesy of your papa."

Marinette looked at him in horror. Her fingers felt like ice as she approached the culprit cabinet and opened it to reveal a rather large collection of drinks, some stored in a mini-fridge that Marinette had seen in Alya's apartment when she'd been there (how the fuck did Alya manage to bring that mini-fridge upstairs to her room? Oh yeah, papa... She mentally facepalmed), and some others, which didn't need to be cold, simply standing there, silent evidence of Alya's ordeal. True to God, there were even two glasses!

"I cannot believe it," she muttered under her breath. Papa's a part of this too? She shot a look at Adrien, who now was standing a little stiff, and even his eyes were wide open.

"S-she also said that, since you're at it, you can open the drawer on top of the cabinet. Apparently there's a present from your mother, but for later."

Marinette gulped and exchanged a horrified gaze with Adrien, who circled his midsection with his arms, evidently trying to feign confidence, which, even more evidently, was starting to falter even from him. Marinette looked wearily at the drawer in question, her heart pounding against her ribcage as she considered the option of whether to open it or not. Eventually, her curiosity won over her anxiety and she cracked it open to take a little peek.