16) s h a r e d

Miles had to blink his eyes to make sure he wasn't still dreaming. He was laying in the arms of a hella good-looking guy, who had not only decided to stay the night, but also confessed to have feelings for him. Miles stared at Ash's sleeping face point-blank and pondered if he was being creepy or not. But then again, it was Ash's fault for squeezing him so tightly, pinning him to the couch next to him. If he couldn't move, what else was he supposed to do than keep staring?

The only reason Miles had to yank himself free eventually was that his bladder was about to burst. Ash mumbled something and covered his eyes with the back of his hand. He didn't seem like he was planning on getting up anytime soon, so Miles hurried to the bathroom and then slumped right back to the couch. He moved the hand from Ash's face and slung the arm back to circle his waist. Ash was still asleep, so the movement only made him stir and pull Miles closer.

Miles couldn't fall back asleep, but once the bladder issue was solved, he was ready to lay still as long as it took for Ash to wake up. Creepy or not, he was going to take full advantage of his situation. Who knows, maybe Ash really meant what he said and wasn't going to be all cuddly and sweet in the future.

It was even possible was going to take back his words about his feelings for Miles once he was sober..

The thought made Miles shift, as if the movement could somehow take the uneasiness away, and that awoke Ash. He glanced around disorientedly before focusing his gaze at Miles and murmuring, with a voice still hoarse from sleep: "Hi, you."

"Hi, you." Miles murmured back.

"What time is it?" Ash asked, his arm still firmly around Miles' waist, so Miles had to thread his hand up and free to check the number from the screen of his sports watch. It was one of those watches which monitored sleep, heart rate, burned calories and whatsoever, but all Miles used it for was to check the time. The watch was another little present from his dad. The next question, after Miles had told the time, was: "Hungry?"

"Nah." Miles shook his head.

"What do you normally have for breakfast?" Ash rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand, making a lock of hair fall on his face.

"There is B12 vitamin in energy drink, so it almost counts as a healthy breakfast." Miles reasoned and brushed the lock of hair off Ash's face.

Ash rolled his eyes at Miles' words, but he seemed more amused than annoyed, when he said: "Yeah, well, I'm starving."

"Let me check if I have something.. anything." Miles sighed dramatically, but before getting up, he squeezed his arms around Ash one more time.

When he tiptoed to the kitchen, Ash followed after him. Miles opened the pantry first, finding a box of expired Pop-Tarts and a half-full coffee packet with whole beans for his dad's visits. From the fridge he found seven cans of Monster Energy, five cans of beer he had bought in case Ash decided to stop by, bacon, eggs and cooking oil.

"I have bacon and eggs, so.. Eggs?" Miles grimaced, turning to look at Ash over his shoulder. Ash shrugged, which Miles decided to take as a yes. It wasn't like they had any other options, anyway.

"Do you ever cook?" Ash asked and leaned against the kitchen counter while Miles started making their breakfast.

"Of course." Miles gestured at the pan, as if to ask: what does it look like I'm doing? When Ash lifted an eyebrow, giving Miles a pointed look, he continued: "I can make scrambled eggs and bacon without burning the house down."

"So, the answer is no?" Ash teased Miles and brushed his hair gently with his fingertips on his way to the kitchen cabinet where Miles stored the plates.