Chapter 1: Strange world

It's dark... I have no clue if my eyes are closed or my surrounding is just dark... it's literally pitch black. I feel like I got sucked into a black hole...  and I can't remember anything.

Suddenly, my vision started to brighten up but it was blurry... I think I just opened my eyes. 

I see a light in front of me. it's flat on the surface so I'm assuming I'm on the ground. When my blurry sight started to get clearer, I saw a car from afar and its lights dazzling me. Then I gasped for air and coughed out my own blood. I carefully sat up and saw a lot of blood on my school uniform.

I realized I've been lying in a puddle of blood this entire time. My blood.

"huh...?" I furrowed my brows from confusion and thought in my head, did that car... ran me over?

I'm so confused... If I got run over by that car in front of me, then why don't I feel pain? My legs, my arms, and my ribs are all fine. Not even a muscle pain is triggering me right now...

I immediately got on my feet and went to the black vintage car. My eyes widened from shock seeing that there's no one inside... no driver, no passengers, and no corpse. "What the hell...? Am I dreaming?" I looked around and recognized the dark, quiet street surrounding me. It's my hometown...

I didn't even hesitate to run as fast as I could to get to my home before the darkness eats me. How come no one noticed me there?! Why is it so dark?! Did everybody disappear?!

In the middle of the street, I finally saw my home...But it's weird that the only light was coming from there, as if it's the only place I could go to. I'm definitely dreaming.

"fuck... what in the world is happening...? This is so weird." I looked through the window and saw my mother preparing the table as she sang laughing on the outside softly. My mother's Japanese, not to mention... which is weird how she's singing it fluently. I nervously entered and closed the door behind me without taking my eyes off of her. "oh- welcome back, darling~! You're just in time! Come sit."

"mom... I'm covered in blood."

"don't make the food wait, Sumi. It'll get cold, you know~?" She comes to me and fixes my hair. Then she leads me to the table and sits me down on the wooden chair. "you're acting... strange." I said.

"mmm~? What do you mean~?" She replied as she poured the water in my cup.

"you're unusually... nice. T-that's all..." I mumbled.

"haha!! Enough talk. Eat your food, then go to sleep."

"T... Thank you for the food." I muttered and dug in my plate. Didn't she see how much blood got soaked into my uniform...?

As I ate, I watched her sit there and watch the TV cheerfully. I'm starting to doubt that this woman is my mother... She would always watch the news instead of a romance show and she'd tell me to clean myself first before going to the table. Who are you...?

After dinner, I immediately went to my room to get away from her. I locked the door and went to the window. I peaked and noticed it was still dark outside... someone might come out of nowhere and scare this shit out of me so I locked the window as well and closed the curtains, clipping it together so that the wind won't be able to blow them open.

"I just need to sleep it off right...? Then I'll wake up back to reality..." I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep until I'm finally unconscious. 

The next day I opened my eyes, the sunlight from the window blinded me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

I started to hear some voices and footsteps outside that caused a smile to my face. I quickly went to the window and saw the students walking outside. I chuckled and ran my fingers through my hair in disbelief.