ii.

मेरे कांधे पे सिर को झुकाना तेरा 
मेरे सीने में खुद को छुपाना तेरा
दर्द में भी ये लब मुस्कुरा जाते हैं 
बीते लम्हें हमें जब भी याद आते हैं

beete lamhe ( LoFi ) by Tashif ( spotify )

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

shadow birds and doodles of sunflowers and honeybees against pastel blue background.

blurred pictures of us laughing, us dressed up, us singing, us hugging, us kissing, us doing absolutely nothing.

2:35 am texts and listening to music together over chats.

watching late night movies, sitting on the floor against the sofa, drinking wine and telling stories and not really watching the movies, and laughing and laughing until we fell asleep in each other's arms.

forget you? no, my sunlet. how did you think that was even possible? but carrying all this is too heavy. i cannot forget you. i will fix you instead. i will fix you in the time that we've spent, in the life that we've passed.

in the fragrance of old empty houses drenched in august rain, standing silently in a dusky glow, feebly reciting the memories of the kids who used to play in their backyards. in the giggles of those kids and in their shining eyes.

in the static dreams. of orange and purple skies, warm fine sand under the setting sun and sparkling seas against the rocks. everything frozen in a stagnant consistency. only the sound of the waves saturating the vicinity with a consoling tranquility.

in sunday afternoons, licking saccharine poetry for lunch and wearing the aroma of freshly baked cupcakes for cardigans, while dancing on our tip toes without music so we don't disturb the universe, our hearts equivalent to slowed versions of our favorite songs.

in the rooftop sessions, reading books, drinking coffee, watching soundless cars passing by on the distant highway.

in the silhouettes of lovers holding each other by the window in soft golden light after a long tiring day, looking at each other, channeling and equating strength and hopes and dreams through their bodies.

in the guitar piece you never finished because you didn't want it to end and because it wasn't the most beautiful piece but it was us and it was proportionately euphonious.

in the nostalgic polaroid visions of us as childhood lovers. in the innocence of our convictions about growing up and living a real life.

in the solace of daybreak. in the crisp of moonlight. in the beginnings. in the ends. and right in the middle of everything.

i will never forget you. but i will not carry your whole being either. i will only remember to miss you in pieces. day by day. a bit here and a little there. in the moments and in the hours.

i will remember you. in the diffused instances of life.

// one day, somehow, you too will find a way to miss me less //