iv

when they look into her eyes, they see black. plain black. solid yet absolutely empty. because they cannot see dreams swirling in black eyes. no poems are written about them. no songs are sung for them. no one talks about them because one cannot fathom the depths they hide.

and then they fail to see everything beyond that. they never look at them long enough to see how meticulously they are crafted. immaculately sharp yet delicately shaped. constantly searching for something yet consistently hooded in a definite calmness and always at peace with every sight as if it's all saccharine gilded.

she reads to herself, with music in her ears, sitting alone in a cafe. one word at once, like she has all the time in the world. they look at her when she takes a break from reading and gazes outside through the glass walls and feel sorry for her thinking she misses someone who used to share the table and her coffee. they do not follow that she is only taking a break from those words because they are in the process of becoming mini light bulbs flickering alight in her brains that she will later channel so brilliantly in most of their mundane conversations.

she looks into the mirror each morning and reminds herself this.

your eyes are not solid blocks. they are alive with viscous, sparkling dreams ebbing and flowing and heaving tirelessly. but only few people have enough light to see them. no matter the amount of tears you cry, they can never wash out the invisible rose gold glitter lining your eyelids or those shining little plastic stars or pretty ivory pearls studded on the underline of your cheekbones.

they do not understand that your eyes have made peace with every sight because you hold so much peace within yourself. they do not know that you look outside so often because you see the world from gold tinted glasses. they don't realise how extraordinarily stunning the sunset looks from your eyes.

so what if they look away when they see you? don't you forget that you call them your sunlets but you were born with the essence of sun itself engrained in every fraction and every depth of your body. ofcourse they look away because only few can contain the immense brightness that oozes out of you.

you accomodate so much love within you. if they try to contain it in their shallow palms, you'll flow through and past them. you can only be contained within those having brains and hearts deep and spacious enough.

you will find them, honey. every now and then. so brace yourself for all the more love they are going to add inside you and the parts that they are going to take away as they leave. they will come and go. but the love that you hold, it will stay. and through it all, you will always find someone across the mirror to put that love on.

so then she puts a flower in her hair and a few in the side pockets of her pants. she walks around with steps as light as their petals while smiling around at empty corners because she is brimming with the tranquility of her own being.

<< to the person in the mirror, you're my brightest sunlet. may you always shine ablaze. >>