EPISODE 3

(LOCATION: SEOUL - TIME: 5:00 PM - DATE: OCTOBER 2ND)

It took you longer to get up for work. Chan still took residence at the hospital and he made you go home to get some rest. You didn't want to leave his side, but you needed the sleep. You made the bed, cleaned the kitchen up a little, and even mopped the floors. Chan preferred for the apartment to be clean and since his absence, you decided to clean it for him. You knew it's what he would've wanted. You threw on some clothes and caught the bus before you were late.

As soon as you arrived on set, your makeup artist and hairdresser got to work on you.

"I'm sorry to hear about Bang Chan. he's such a great guy to suffer like that" Irene, your makeup artist, was applying lip liner on your lips. You didn't want to talk about it with her.

"Put a sock in it. Irene, can't you see the girl is upset and you're not making it any easier," Your hairdresser Jisoo came over to you and fan Irene away.

"So, darling, what should we do with this hair of yours?" Jisoo combed through your hair and prepped the heating utensils. Jisso wasn't the type to chitchat. She waited until you decided to talk. She wasn't intrusive, unlike the rest of the staff. She valued your feelings and saw you as more than just a paycheck.

"I know what to do." She got to work, and before you knew it, you were on your way to film. Hyunjin was already there dressed in a black suit and they flawlessly put together his raven hair. You looked over your lines twice until the director called action.

"Why can't you see I love you? What else do I have to do to prove I won't leave you like the rest?" Hyunjin yelled in frustration, throwing his hands in the air. His eyes watered and his breathing ran hastily. He took profound breaths before clenching your shoulders.

"Why won't you let me in hmm? What does Wonbin have that I don't?" he wailed, his head falling on your shoulder. You just stood there, you tried so hard to cry but the tears weren't coming out yet.

"It's not you Jihoon, it's me. I'm the problem, you're perfect the way you are."

You placed your hand on his back and just let him cry. You could hear the heavy sorrow in his voice. But at that moment the only thing you could think about was Chan. you were angry because the world had done you dirty, the universe had done Bang Chan dirty. That's when the tears finally ran.

"Y/n? This is where you come in again" you widen your eyes realizing you had forgotten your line.

"Oh sorry," The director looked at you and saw how heavy your eyes appeared. He comprehended your suffering. He didn't wish to coerce you to act on if you were having a hard time.

"Are you sure you can do this, we can—"

"No, I'm ok. I can do this" you shook your thoughts and sentiments away and focused on the scene. It was good you felt sad inside. It helped make your fake crying look and sound more realistic.

You shot a few more scenes and had a couple of costume changes before you returned to your trailer. You sat in the small sitting area. Curled up in a ball. You didn't prefer to go home, because you knew nobody waited for you. Chan wouldn't be there. The tears flooded for like the hundredth time today. Your eyes were blistering at this point. You felt your palms getting sweaty. Your heart beating faster and faster. You were having trouble breathing. You felt like you were dying.

"Hey girl, want to grab dinner—'' Ryujin stopped mid-sentence noting your state. She was at your side quickly.

"Hey hey hey, it's ok I'm here" Ryujin rubbed your back and held you close. She continued to reassure you, calming a little bit.