~10~

* 7 weeks preggo *

* 7 weeks preggo *

Rainy days are by far my favorite kind of day.

Against my better wishes of staying home cuddled up in a blanket and treating myself to a day off, Joy called me to ask if I could cover her shift cause she woke up with a cold and there wasn't anyone else willing to do so.

Reluctantly, I got up from my spot on the couch and followed my normal routine. I showered, had breakfast, drank coffee, threw up said coffee and breakfast, got dressed and shot Ember a text letting her know of my whereabouts in case she got back home early and didn't find me here.

It being a rainy day and all, I lazily threw on a vintage t-shirt I found in a donation pile taken to the shop and wore a pair of baby pink jean shorts and my vintage Reebok C 85's. While looking around my closet, I found a tote bag I made a long time ago and decided to toss it on as well since it matched well with the color scheme I had going on.

 While looking around my closet, I found a tote bag I made a long time ago and decided to toss it on as well since it matched well with the color scheme I had going on

I curled my hair in the slightest bit and brushed through them, maneuvering for them to frame my face perfectly.

The drive to the shop was slow and annoyingly long given my pace. Driving in general always swirls a bit of anxiety in me, but driving in the rain with the roads insanely soaked makes me cling onto the steering wheel for dear life, as well as driving ten times closer to the actual windshield.

It's also embarrassing the amount of times I double check the speed of everyone's wipers so I don't seem like a maniac by having them at full speed when it's just drizzling.

I opened up the shop and the first thing I did was turn on my classics playlist and connected my phone to the speaker, Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones already making me relax as I shift from one end of the store to the other, facing every item in stock, sweeping the floor one last time and turning on the 'open' sign before sitting back and waiting for any customers for the day.

The bell chimes a considerably generous amount of times throughout the morning and before I know it, it's lunchtime.

I ordered a loaded potato soup and chicken tenders I kept craving the entire morning from this place near the pier and had it delivered to the shop.