Eight - Back Again

Gregory was currently having a shower. You were in the kitchen, cooking bacon and eggs for breakfast. You had a shower before he'd woken up, so you'd left the bathroom to see him sitting in the lounge room playing with the plushies. You'd told him not to take too long, and he'd been in there for almost half an hour now. You moved the bacon and eggs onto the two plates you had ready, and moved towards the bathroom of your apartment. Knocking on the door, you called out to the boy.

"Alright Gregory, come on! Gotta save some hot water for everyone else in the building."

He responded with a quick "Give me a minute!" before you heard the shower shut off and the slight stumbling of him getting out of the shower. You shook your head with a smile, walking back to the kitchen to put the plates onto the counter with some cutlery on the side. Grabbing the remote, you turned the TV on, flipping to the news to see what was going on. They seemed to still be raving about the new building in the Freddy Fazbear franchise. With a shrug, you plopped the remote back down onto the counter, took your seat and watched the news as you waited for Gregory to come out.

"Despite the history of the Fazbear brand, they seemed to have come back bigger and better. We can see families here lining up outside the doors, waiting to get inside." The camera then panned to behind the news reporter, to the large establishment you managed to get a job at last night. "Freddy Fazebears' Pizzaplex, the latest in the Fazbear franchise, is currently hiring employees, so get your resumes ready and schedule an- Oh, hold on."

The camera went back to the reporter, who was pressing a finger to their ear and nodding. They then smiled and turned to the camera again. "Sorry folks, false alarm. They're no longer hiring as they've gotten enough employees to help around the building. Don't let that stop you from stopping by though! There's plenty of fun to be had at the new Freddy Fazbear Pizzaplex!"

Gregory sat down beside you, struggling a little to get onto the stool. The reporter moved onto another topic, droning on before handing it over to one of the other reporters. You stopped paying attention to the news. Looking over, you could see that Gregory's eyes had practically lit up upon seeing what you'd made for the two of you. He smiled as he began to eat. The two of you finished your food, you took the dishes to the sink so you could clean it.

Gregory stretched, getting up from the stool and going to the living area, flopping onto the couch. "That was nice..." He said, tapping his stomach with a satisfied smile.

You smiled at the boy's actions and words, feeling proud of your cooking ability. You set the dishes onto the rack next to the sink, dried your hands and moved out to the living area of your apartment. You crossed your arms and stared down at the brunette currently occupying the entirety of your couch.

"Ahem." Gregory opened his eyes, looking at you. "Leave any room for me?"

He stretched out further on the couch, smiling smugly as he looked up at you. "I think you need to find another seat, this one's full."

You blankly stared at him for a moment. "If you don't move, I'm gonna sit on you."

His eyes then widened. "You wouldn't dare."

You smiled down at him, his face changing as he quickly realised you were being serious. He began to scramble on the couch, trying to sit upright. Your smile grew and you jumped onto the couch, momentarily stopping him from moving as you began to tickle him. He froze for a moment before he began to laugh. He tried to speak between his giggles, but wasn't able to.

"Give up, Gregory! You know I'm more powerful." You stopped tickling him for a moment, allowing him to catch his breath. He gasped for air for a few seconds before speaking, a grin on his face.