3~

Warning for non-con, well, kind of? However, it doesn't get too far and is there purely for the emotional damage

In which Mark gets heartbroken but it's all his own damn fault.
~~~

Mark stubs the toe of his white sneaker against the sticky floor, back pressed against the graffitied wall as he lingers in the hall outside of the men's room, hoping to catch Bar alone before anyone else comes and snatches him away. The hallway is deserted, most likely due to the punishing florescent lights shining from the ceiling, bright enough to expose anyone's dirty secrets. The loud music and drunken voices from the main part of the pub are reduced to a wall of illegible, cut-off sounds, kept out by a set of opaque double doors and Mark can vaguely feel the dull bass reverberate through his back, throbbing erratically against his own heartbeats.

The butterflies are multiplying in his stomach the longer he has to wait for P'Bar.

Should he rip off the band-aid and just confess now, Mark thinks as he glances around, or should he wait for a more aesthetically pleasing location? The hallway isn't really an ideal place for a romantic rendezvous as it reeks of all sorts of waste and fluids, the pungent scent having seeped into the walls years ago throughout the many generations of students coming and going. Then again, Mark huffs humorlessly as he stuffs his hands into his jeans pockets, how much would it really matter at the end of the day anyway? He isn't blind. Mark knows that his chances of being accepted right now are slim to none, and yet he foolishly hopes to be that one percent. P'Bar is his soulmate after all. He would have to come around eventually.

With several years down the line, they will just laugh at all of this and find it silly how Mark had to chase so hard after Bar. How he had to get shot down time after time. How he had to get though a plethora of skeezy guys until he could finally find the right one, someone as serious and caring as P'Bar.

The swinging doors to the men's room finally rattle in their hinges and Mark looks up expectantly, curly bangs bouncing around his head. However, his shining eyes widen at what he sees, and each and every thought of baring his unhinged feelings instantly evaporate into thin air.

P'Bar is way more drunk than Mark expects, dragging a hand against the grainy wall as he walks unsteadily like a zombie, eyes droopy and unfocused. The smooth, silken fabric of his shirt ripples like liquid silver under the bright light when he staggers, the golden chain cutting a sharp line around the base of his neck. Mark chews on his lower lip pensively, brows pinched, as he stares at Bar's slow progress through the hallway and then in the spur of the moment decides to stubbornly challenge his fate as he breaks away from the hard wall, purposefully standing in the middle of the dirty corridor.

It doesn't come as a surprise when Bar finally crashes straight into Mark after a few fumbling steps, arms shooting out instinctively to loop around his neck for support when Bar's knees give out, dragging Mark down like a sinking anchor.

"Woah, careful, Phi," Mark wheezes with a tiny giggle that dimples his cheeks as he tries not to lose his balance when he staggers under the added weight, hands swiping up to clutch at Bar's warm waist. The sleek fabric of his shirt feels almost alive under Mark's touch.

Their stumbling footsteps echo loudly in the desolate hallway as they veer off to the side and almost crash into the opposite wall. Mark's sneakers squeak noisily as he slips on a wet puddle of what he hopes is merely beer and his fingers curl then tighter into Bar's shirt to stop both of them from faceplanting straight onto the dirty floor, unconsciously pulling the senior closer against his own front. Mark might be a tiny bit shorter than his Phi but he has more bulk as opposed to Bar's lean swimmer's build, more prone to explosive strength rather than smooth movements. Which Mark is particularly grateful for right now since he singlehandedly manages to keep the both of them standing on their feet, carrying all the weight.