7~

In which Mark is confused because he might have to choose the lesser of two heartbreaks.
~~~

This bizarre thing with Vee continues for days, weeks even. And as toxic as it is, it's also quite gratifying since it gets Mark's miserable mind off of P'Bar for a little while, which he kind of presumes is also Vee's main intent with this whole endeavor. He just wants Mark to stop pursuing his best friend. That's it. There really isn't anything that could make or break things between them. It's just sex with no hard feelings.

As a result of that, the least bit of a petty scuffle or an argument sets them off and they end up falling through doors or pulling each other aside into secluded corners to their friends' and classmates' curious glances, creating quite a few compromising situations.

There's this one time when Mark glares at Gun where he sits happily next to P'Bar in the cafeteria and as Mark's agitated gaze veers off to the side it connects with Vee's mocking eyes, which instantly causes him to bristle and jump up from his seat, but he gets swiftly pulled down by his protesting friends.

"Hey, Mark! Chill!" They try to calm him down as he glares daggers at Vee's smug face, where he looks like a cat that got the cream with the explosive reaction that he receives from the younger man.

It's almost too fun to pass up on an opportunity to ruffle Mark's feathers, Vee thinks. The sour annoyance that usually settles over Mark's features when he's displeased with something is rather... well, cute on him.

And it isn't just Mark getting annoyed with the lack of space between Bar and Gun. Vee proves to have quite a temper too, getting swept up by his own turbulent emotions each time he notices Mark foolishly pining after his friend. He even goes as low as to smack the back of Mark's head reproachfully when he stares too long at Bar's half naked body during one of the swimming meets. This does earn Vee a nasty glare from Mark but it's definitely worth the angry make out session that follows after, in the shadows of the wispy trees behind one of the campus buildings.

Vee even manages to jump in, preventing a pending disaster, when he sees Mark get all up in Gun's face between two rows of bookshelves in the library one day, hands balled into fists and nostrils flaring.

"You need to calm down," Vee huffs over his shoulder, looking wryly at a spluttering Mark, who tries to fight the grip that Vee has on him. "Or you're going to get an aneurysm at this rate."

"As if you give a damn about me," Mark hisses as he struggles while being dragged away by the neck of his crisp, white shirt. "Don't pretend, Phi. You just don't want your friend to be sad about his little fling getting his pretty face rearranged. That's all."

Mark quickly averts his gaze then, doesn't want to see Vee's reaction, feeling gravely misunderstood. Why the hell was he always the bad guy?

Vee purses his lips into a terse line but doesn't say anything to contradict those sharp words as he bodily pushes Mark inside the men's restrooms, sending the door banging loudly against the wall. His intention is to force Mark to cool his head off, but somehow Vee ends up being dragged into one of the stalls instead, with Mark's eager mouth seeking his as he yanks Vee down by the collar of his blue shirt.

They never really talk about what they're actually doing either, even as this raw, living thing slithers through the suffocating air between them. They ignore it, or on most occasions they just shove their tongues down each other's throats when it gets too intense, when words are not enough to convey the chaos inside their hearts. They kiss desperately as if it were their last minute on earth, hands tugging at each other's clothes and fingers weaving through each other's hair, until they inevitably have to pull away for air, chests heaving and eyes dazed. Except, it doesn't take too long before they dive back in to continue with their indecent behavior. They go at it until a door slams nearby or a pair of sneakers squeak against the floor when someone walks past way too close, causing them to jump apart guiltily, quickly straightening out their messy clothes.