Chapter 57

*Mature Content Warning*

"You're as ready as you can be, Emmy." Draco promised me as he held me close in his bed. It was comforting. Too good to last forever, but comforting.

"Don't leave me when it happens. Please." I whispered, my eyes focused out the large window as the dark clouds hovered the sky. They're calling for rain. A storm, to be exact.

"I know you think I'm a coward-"

Not the explanation I was hoping for. I rolled my eyes and cut him off.

"I love you, Emelia. Hold you when it thunders, send you flowers every day, turn the world upside down, leave everything else behind love you. Those were your words, Drake. Not mine. Leave everything else behind." I said in a much tenser tone than I had meant to. He raked his fingers through my hair before they slid down my shoulder and tickled down my bare arm.

"Shhh," he mumbled against my neck, making me tense up and shudder. "I know you think I'm a coward, but I'm not. I'm not running away. I'm not trying to protect myself. I have told you so many times how willing to die for you I am. What do I have to do for you to believe me?" He asked softly.

"Make a fucking attempt." I spat at him, and he let out a shaky breath against my skin. "I don't want you to die for me, that's not the point. I would like to know that you actually mean that are at least willing to stand with me during all of this fighting." I explained. He turned me around with his hands on my hips and brought us face to face for the first time all day. We had been laying like this for hours, and didn't plan on getting up anytime soon. This was our time. What we needed in case...

"I don't want him pissed from the jump. I want him to hear you out that you don't want to fight. Me standing next to you just means that he won't even blink before he's sending curses at us. If everything goes to shit, I'm going to step in. I meant every word I have ever said. You are all that I have Emmy. Truly. I only live for you, and if he kills you, then I'm going down right along side you." He told me, and his eyes didn't flicker and his voice didn't shake. "Believe me when I tell you that I would kill anyone for you, and I would die for you. Tell me that you believe me," he whispered.

"Don't-" I shake my head and look at him seriously, "If I die, don't let yourself get killed." I warned him.

"He'll kill me either way,"

"No, he won't. Because if he kills me instantly, you aren't going to make a big fuss out of it. You're going to sit back and watch like everyone else and act like it doesn't affect you. Just like they always wanted." I sniffled as I laid all of my feeling out. "Then you can come home to your mother because she needs you-"

"I need you."

"She needs you because she doesn't have anyone. And you can find ways to memorialize me. And remember all of our best times. Because it's been a great 17 years getting to be yours." I cried, not even realizing I was. "But then you'll find someone one day. And move on. And you'll-"

"Shhh," Draco whispered as his arms wrapped around my waist. "Don't talk like this anymore. Please." His voice deceived him and cracked at the end of his sentence. "I love you so much. Only you. If you go, I go. You're all I was made for." He whimpered, his nose grazing mine. "You aren't going to go because I need you. I can't live if you don't. So I need you to stop thinking the worst is going to happen, and I need you to do everything you can. For me." His red eyes shock me as my own look into them. His tears always brightened the grey orbs that consumed me. Ironic how something so awful makes something so beautiful.

"You're my forever." He whispered, kissing my lips softly. When he pulled my bottom lip between his own, I couldn't help but let out a soft whimper. His hand slowly slid itself down my body before it tucked under the waistband of my panties.