chapter 18

Audrey dashed out of the Slytherin common room and came to a halt in front of the Great Hall, where she saw Harry, Hermione, and Ron seated at the Gryffindor table. She dashed over and sat next to Hermione, who had her copy of Voyages with Vampires propped open against a milk jug.

"Hello," she says, smiling.

Good morning, Mione. How is your morning? Audrey replied, patting Mr. Weasley.

"Good"

The long house tables were laden with tureens of porridge, plates of kippers, mountains of toast, and dishes of eggs and bacon.

The sky appears to be dull and cloudy gray as Audrey looks out the windows.

I hope it rains. I love rain. It is so much fun, Audrey bubbled, smiling.

Hermione replied, "Me too."

Audrey waves to Hermione to come closer.

Hermione leans over. Audrey mouthed in Hermione's ear, Meet me at the library at break, please and thank you.

Hermione nodded and whispered back, "Okay."

What are you whispering about? Don't be telling her anything to blackmail me, Ron said worriedly.

Don't give me ideas. Gryffindor
Audrey snickered, covering her face.

How is your morning, Audrey?
Harry spoke up.

My morning is good. I had my daily dose of coffee and muggle cakes! Audrey chatted.

What is your favorite cake?
Harry asked.

coffee cake!
Audrey bubbled.

I have never tried coffee cake. Can I try one? Harry asked.

Sur-Audrey was about to say, but she was cut off by a voice.

Mrs. Audrey Weasley, don't you think you belong to the Slytherin table? Students from different houses should sit at separate tables.

Professor Snape hissed as he motioned for her to go back to her table.

Audrey stood up, grabbing her items, and she bowed to Professor Snape.

I'm sorry, Professor. I didn't know that. Audrey gulped, looking up at Professor Snape.

Audrey rushes to her table and sits down.

"morning," Draco piped as he glanced at her.

"morning malfoy." Audrey noted quietly.

"So... how is your morning?" Draco asked awkwardly.

"Good, it was good. Thank you for asking." Audrey quietly spoke, looking down.

"What do you call someone with no body and no nose?" Draco sighs, and he asked.

"Vort- , "Audrey replied.

"Nobody knows," Draco blushes and says

Audrey looks away, covering her muffed laugh.

"Hey, don't laugh at me." Draco whined.

Audrey apologized, "Sorry, but it was good by the way."

"It was my first joke ever... I read it from a book." Draco," he says, with a blush tint on his cheeks.

"Have you been practicing jokes? What a surprise! When?" Audrey sighed, surprised.

"Yesterday... " Draco admitted

"Malfoy, you don't practice jokes at all. Is there a reason why?" Audrey asked as she snickered.

"Nope-Nope no reason at all." Draco turned away and stammered.