Hangman x Reader

I hummed to the music I had on as I was sat on the ground of our bedroom folding laundry. Jake and I have been married for 4 years and we have a gorgeous 5 year old Riley. She is the light of our lives and She has Jake wrapped around her finger. He is the best daddy to our daughter that I could ever ask for. My attention is drawn to the door seeing Jake standing there. His eyes were bloodshot and his cheeks were glistening. "Oh baby" I say opening my arms for him to come sit with me. "Baby what's wrong?" I say taking his face in my hands. He avoids eye contact as he starts to choke back sobs. I wrap my arms around his shoulder laying his head on my shoulder. " let it out baby we can talk when your ready" I say as he lets out chest wracking sobs. Tears soaking my shirt as I run my hand through his hair rubbing his back gently. He slowly lifts his head "You wanna tell me what's wrong ? You don't have to" he takes a deep breath. " I- uh I'm just scared your gonna take Riley and leave" my heart shatters and I pull him into my arms again. " baby what makes you think I'm gonna leave you. I love you with all my heart. There is no one on this entire earth that I'd rather be with. There's no one I'd rather have to be the father of my daughter. Our daughter !! Baby you have nothing to worry about. And I know your insecure abt what you did in your past abt your past dating life but you've changed Jake I've seen it baby I of all people know you've changed. You are the most kind hearted loving caring gentle man I know! And you are the best dad ever!" I say kissing his head. As if on cue our 5 year old Riley comes walking in rubbing her eyes as she had just woken up from a nap. "Hi baby come here" she waddles over to me wrapping her arms around my neck. " what's wrong with daddy?" She asks and I kiss her cheek and say " he's just sad " and she plops down in my lap and takes Jakes face into her small hands. My heart swells at the sight. "Daddy don't be sad me and mommy don't want you to be sad" she suddenly hops up running into the bathroom bringing back a tissue. Sitting back into my lap she begins to pat Jakes face in an attempt to dry his face. "Thank you baby girl" he says to Riley. " your welcome daddy are you sad anymore?" She asks him. " no I'm not Mommy told me some things that made me happy" he says glancing up at me. I smile at him leaning down to kiss him head. Riley watches me and decides she wants to kiss his head. So she securely wraps her arms around Jakes neck and begins to kiss his head over and cover again. She begins to giggle as she give Jake a squeeze. Jake sits up pulling Riley into his lap and begins to tickle her tiny belly. She begins to giggle loudly and begs him to stop. I just smile at my husband and daughter wondering how I got so lucky. Riley walks back over to me and says " mommy I'm hungry" and me and Jake share a glance laughing. " okay why don't you go get your silly cup from your room and I'll be right there." She runs out of the room and I look down at Jake. " you okay baby?" "Ya beautiful my lovely wife cheered me up." I smile at his words and kiss his lips. " I love you Jake I could never leave you" "I love you too Y/n I could never leave you either" he says pushing me to lay flat and begins to crawl on top of me. I lean up kissing him again "I better go feed your child" I say pushing him off me and begin to get up. " my child shes yours too" he says jokingly. " she's got your appetite tho." I say before walking off to the kitchen.