~FOURTEEN~

~And what's the point in falling, when I know I'm only stalling?~

----------------------

"Amity?" Luz sees the green haired girl look up, wiping away some tears.

"Oh- hey Luz." She seems to change her composure, becoming less vulnerable. "You look..." She looks at Luz's tux and tutu together, letting out a small laugh. "Nice. Strange, but nice."

"Oh, thank you very much!" Luz exclaims. "You look beautiful. But sad. What's wrong?"

"Oh. well I never really liked Elias. So I told him the truth and everyone sorta made fun of me for it." Amity shrugs. "It's okay though, I just.."

"You just...?" Luz tilts her head as Amity stands up.

"I guess I'm scared of rejection from who I really wanted to ask." Amity brushes off her dress.

"Oh, well... What if I went to the dance with you instead? If it's not too late, of course." 

"Really?" Amity's eyes light up. Luz nods.

"It's what friends are for, I'd be happy to hang out with you Ami." 

"That would be.. really nice." Amity smiles at the ground.

"You going soft on me, Blight?" Luz teases.

"In your dreams." Amity giggles.

"If that's settled.. may I have this dance?" Luz mockingly holds out her hand, and Amity nods, placing her hand in Luz's.

Maybe the way Amity looked genuinely happy really was the highlight of Luz's night so far. She spun Amity around, laughing a bit as they moved to the rhythm of the faint music playing from inside the building. The cool autumn breeze blew through Luz's hair as she watched Amity gracefully move with her. The moment the song ended, Luz noticed Amity's face go red. Luz looked over where Amity's gaze was to see that the doors were open and some people were beckoning the two inside. Luz smiled at Amity, and the two of them headed in to see that Gus was on the stage making an announcement.

"The votes are in, and it's time for me to present, our homecoming queen and king!" He announces excitedly. "May I?" He holds out his hand and Willow places an envelope in it. He opens it up and his eyes widen at the names on the paper before a huge smile spreads across his face.

"Drumroll for me, Hexside!" He shouts. The students in the crowd pat their laps, along with Luz and Amity. "Your grom queen- and queen! Luz Noceda and Amity Blight!" There's a silence as Luz looks from the stage to Amity with wide eyes. Amity looks almost horrified. There's a few murmurs before most of the crowd of students start applauding, cheering for them. There's a couple of boo's, but it's easy to tell that they're coming from Boscha.

"Well, Blight. Shall we?" luz holds out her hand, and Amity takes it, following her friend onto the stage as Principal Bump presents them with their tiaras.

Luz was really glad her and Amity had become friends.