My Mistake

"PANTHER! WATCH OUT!" LB yells from above but it's too late. I don't have time to react as an electrified whip wraps around my right arm. All I hear is my screams. All I feel is my right arm burning where the whip has latched on. My suit does nothing to protect me. My joints and muscles lock up.

Dear god! Is this how I die?

I don't know how but Viperion and Capra take down the man with the whip. I unfreeze and continue on. God, I probably shouldn't but I do. My whole body is fried. Stiff and sore. But we have a mission to complete. My heart can fail later when I rest.

"Panther get to the jet! Now!" Viperion yells. He kicks a man in the balls before pointing at the zip line.

"NO! You're not the boss of me!" I punch a man with my non-burned arm. He steps back before punching at me but I knock him flat on his ass.

Using my legs I choke him out.

"He may not be but I am!" LB yells. She points in the direction of the zip lines. She yells at me to get hooked up. True to where she said they'd be I hesitate and gaze over at Carapace getting pummeled.

"I'm—"

"I found her! Let's go!" Achilles yells carrying an unconscious Queen Bee.

He makes a beeline for the zip line. I help him attach Queen Bee to him and then to the line. I hook myself up to follow them across to the extraction point.

"Pray she doesn't wake on our way down," I tell Achilles.

He makes a face. I can tell he doesn't feel comfortable carrying her. I mean why would he? She made fun of him in our second year for being gay. She didn't even know him. Still doesn't but at least Queen Bee repented and apologized.

If ever so briefly.

Achilles sighs and says he's praying hard. We jump off the building and head down two of the three lines. We make it to the other side without Queen Bee waking.

Thankfully...but the moment we get her settled in the jet she wakes. "Get off me! Where is Style Queen? Where is she!"

Queen Bee screams bloody murder. Like we're the enemy, not Hawkmoth or Style Queen. Geez. What's up with her?

"Queen Bee you're safe!" I try to reason with her but she unbuckles herself and takes a swing at my head.

I don't need to try and block her. Her form is off from where it should be. As if she has been out of the field for 50 years. Even then her form shouldn't be this bad.

"Shit. She's been brainwashed," I easily get behind her guard and grab a chokehold. Queen Bee struggles to get me to release her but that's not gonna happen. Even in my state, I have a superior hold.

She slowly falls unconscious. Achilles takes her from me and gags her. Then we strap her back into the seat. I grab a pair of handcuffs from under the seat and cuff her hands together. Then I make another mistake.

I sit down. BIG MISTAKE! Immediately the effect of the electric whip hits me. It hits me like a truck.

I nearly fall over but Viperion catches me before I do. How did I not know he was back? When did he get back?

"Whoa. Don't move," He holds me steady. I ask him if Style Queen has been taken down. But I'm sure it sounded garbled. All I taste is metal.

"Yes,"

Good.

My head spins as I try to sit up. He leans me against the seat and sits beside me. I overhear Merle ask what happened to me. LB responds with, being electrocuted. Our pilot whistles.