Party Invites

"Get off of me!" Marinette growls. She tries to get her leg around Alya's head. 

The aim is to get her off but Alya anticipated that. So she pushes her entire weight into the smaller woman. Oliver goes to get Alya but I hold out my hand. The tall man yields to my expertise. At least of my friends. 

"She can handle herself," I rub the base of my battered arm's wrist. I've seen Marinette take out men twice her size and weight. Alya's weight is nothing.

"No! Not until you admit you like him!"

"I have!"

"Not while intoxicated!" Alya digs her knee into Marinette's side. Ooh, that has to hurt. It's also Alya's classic move. As well as being one of her classic interrogation tactics. In the field, not in interrogation rooms. Oh no. That is left to me. Not Alya. 

I go ham in those rooms. It's quite creepy. 

"Megan time to change your bandages," Luka places a hand on my shoulder. I stifle the urge to punch him. 

I tell myself it's fine but it should be me kicking Marinette's ass while Alya watches. But, NO! Kam said I'm not cleared for duty. I won't be for a while and we all know it. Sucks but that is the way of life. And sadly I am not immortal, I won't bounce back right away. 

"Do we have to? The shows just getting good,"

"Come on," Luka takes my hand and leads me to the kitchen. 

Luka motions for me to sit on the island. I look from the island and back to Luka. Does he really think I can get up there on my own? Well if I want to faceplant sure but I already have a bummed arm. The face can wait till next year. 

"There is absolutely no way I'm getting up there," I motion to my right arm. "At least not with this arm."

Luka sighs and picks me up like a toddler. Off-topic I mention I must weigh a few grapes if he can lift me like that. Luka snorts. With my butt safely on the counter, he begins unwrapping my arm. Something I should feel. 

My usual skin tone is an olive type of Mediterranean skin tone but my skin is still raw. Well, not as raw as it was. Thankfully the swelling has gone down but I can no longer feel. Unfortunately, I can't feel it when things touch my arm. I still have feeling in my shoulder and part of my upper arm but nothing beyond that. 

Not a good sign. This could cripple my career. 

"Can you feel this?" Luka's gloved hand touches my arm. Or at least I assume he is. I can't tell without visual cues. 

"Feel what?"

I stare into his blue eyes. His eyes soften. His emotions begin to rub off on me. Tears begin to well. Soon enough I'm gasping for air.

Luka holds me tightly. He allows my body to relax as I come down from the roller coaster I call my emotions. "You're gonna be alright."

I don't let go until Marinette interrupts. We lean away from each other as if we did something naughty. Which we haven't. "Do you two need a minute or can I grab some ice?"

"Depends, are you done getting your ass whooped by Alya?" I manage to smile. Marinette snorts and shows me her side.

"Ah, the classic Al bruise,"

"Tell me about it," Marinette grabs a cup and fills it with water. At the same time, Luka reaches into the freezer and grabs an ice pack. He passes it to my almost twin. She nods to my unbandaged arm. "How's your arm?"